Why there’s so much negativity and hatred in gaming right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I really can barely stand as it is. People are whining about every single thing in the medium.
Creators aren’t free to do what they want to anymore.
Everything is a “walking simulator”, “casual”, “woke”, “too easy”, “trash”, “garbage”.
It makes me sick.
Why don’t these whiners simply go look for games they actually like instead of trashing over what they don’t like? It’s like people get off on being miserable and angry all the time.

Kretos

The Legend - Scourge of the Green Rats
21 Jun 2022
Cause hate is all the world has even seen lately

limp-bizkit-take-a-look-around.gif

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Is not a gaming thing. Is a human thing. I recall hearing something about why negativity creates this impulse for confrontation or something like that. Is about your identity/validation and being in the "winner/correct side".

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
I really can barely stand as it is. People are whining about every single thing in the medium.
Creators aren’t free to do what they want to anymore.
Everything is a “walking simulator”, “casual”, “woke”, “too easy”, “trash”, “garbage”.
It makes me sick.
Why don’t these whiners simply go look for games they actually like instead of trashing over what they don’t like? It’s like people get off on being miserable and angry all the time.
Lot of immature people unhappy with their lives. Use games as a release.

Love hate relationships and all that.

Gamerguy84

22 Jun 2022
Joking aside you know what I really can't stand. Immediately when a game comes out people start jumping on it for it's flaws. I know usually its related to console warring but it gets old.

How about talking about what the game gets right instead.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Joking aside you know what I really can't stand. Immediately when a game comes out people start jumping on it for it's flaws. I know usually its related to console warring but it gets old.

How about talking about what the game gets right instead.

Its the media stoking the flames

Reactions: Gamerguy84

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Outrage gets people's attention, this is how we are wired... so we all pay more attention to these things and we build "communities" around the common cause of fighting whatever it deemed bad.

It shocks me that they keep using these strategies even if they know it's no good!! (see even fighting it requires outrage!!)
freak out wtf GIF by Looney Tunes

D

Deleted member 140

Less hate and outrage online would be great, like in general!

Games are all about fun and entertainment, but it seems that some people have fun spreading negativity. And then there are people who infuse their agenda and politics into gaming, shouting about supposedly woke games, showing their hate for diversity, fighting some form of ridiculous culture war. Just enjoy the games! Many great games out there, play them and share your enthusiasm in great places like this one!

Reactions: Sircaw
Status
Not open for further replies.