Will Dino Crisis ever come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
"The only good" DC game....

It was more fun, had a better story and way better graphics.
Metacritic is a joke and shouldn't even get mentioned here.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I felt the same with the 2nd but I ended up loving it. The music is great, and the game is awesome.
Then The 3rd had Samanosuke come back. Epic lol

That's why I need to go back and try them... I missed out. I even heard Jean Reno was in 3...

• thisistheway
Reactions: Kokoloko

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't think Dino Crisis was ever popular enough to justify remaking it.

Obviously it was since it was fucking ported multiple times to Dreamcast, PC.

It's just that Capcom was putting more effort into re-hashing ports for Street fighter alpha series to actually give a shit about Dino Crisis. It's hard when you literally pit a game in the same genre by the same people against your own product the same fucking year, aka RE3.

RE3 outsold it by a fuck ton and only reviewers and hardcore capcom fans gave the game its due.

But its one of the most bought PS classics on psn during PS3/PSP days.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Obviously it was since it was fucking ported multiple times to Dreamcast, PC.

It's just that Capcom was putting more effort into re-hashing ports for Street fighter alpha series to actually give a shit about Dino Crisis. It's hard when you literally pit a game in the same genre by the same people against your own product the same fucking year, aka RE3.

RE3 outsold it by a fuck ton and only reviewers and hardcore capcom fans gave the game its due.

But its one of the most bought PS classics on psn during PS3/PSP days.
Hey man, trust me I get it. It was a pretty cool game and I did enjoy it. The problem is as a product it hasn't had relevance in like 20 years. I think the only thing that has afforded Resident Evil as being capable of being remade is the fact that it's a series which is still relevant and still active.

I think there would be a lot of interest from the fringe demographics like us, but it would be a commercial failure overall.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Hey man, trust me I get it. It was a pretty cool game and I did enjoy it. The problem is as a product it hasn't had relevance in like 25 years. I think the only thing that has afforded Resident Evil as being capable of being remade is the fact that it's a series which is still relevant and still active.

I think there would be a lot of interest from the fringe demographics like us, but it would be a commercial failure overall.

Actually if you read the rest of my post you would see it was when looking it up one of the most bought PS1 classics. During PS3/PSP days. It's very relevant. Dinosaurs sell now. When a piece of shit movie like JW:Dominion can make a bunch of money, then a well made horror remake of a beloved classic can too.

• Informative

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That's why I need to go back and try them... I missed out. I even heard Jean Reno was in 3...

Haha yep he was totally in it. But Samanosuke got the proper full treatment. I picked up Onimusha Remaster on PS4 but really wish they ported the trilogy

Even Onimusha 4 was ok, not the same as the trilogy but a decent game

• fire

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Haha yep he was totally in it. But Samanosuke got the proper full treatment. I picked up Onimusha Remaster on PS4 but really wish they ported the trilogy

Even Onimusha 4 was ok, not the same as the trilogy but a decent game

I don't even know why they wouldn't port all 3....

and I didn't know there was a fourth game! Different protagonist?

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't even know why they wouldn't port all 3....

and I didn't know there was a fourth game! Different protagonist?

Yeah Onimusha 4 is mostly new cast but some connections to the old cast.

It plays very different and isn’t the usual 3D metroidvania type game like Onimusha, Resident Evil, original DMC

• brain
1 Jul 2022
Dinosaurs are as popular as ever, they could almost be considered an IP by themslves even without the "Dino Crisis" actual Capcom IP. I'll make the assumption that Capcom don't want Dino Crisis and Monster Hunter active at the same time in their catalogue because of perceived user confusion or competing with themselves.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
honsetly i think dino crisis remake will be next, after RE4. I don't think they'll do another RE game remake after that.

frees them up for Dino Crisis and much like th first, they can just re-use the work and assets already done on the resident evil remakes.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I mean Dino Crisis does suck.
It was a bad Resident Evil copy. They just replaced the zombies with dinos. The only good title was Dino Crisis 3. And it's funny that DC3, the best game in the series, is an Xbox exclusive.
Bro... Even Xbox fans don't claim DC3

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
He is? I feel like I heard someone talking about it. Probably Jaffe or Colin. But I think his involvement is a stumbling block for Omnimusha 3.

Yeah, maybe he did have a problem with it or his agent or something.... there are many possibilities.

Maybe the original contract for his likeness didn't cover a potential remake or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.