Will Halo Infinite survive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
All signs point to NO at this very moment.

While some will try and mention that other games have made a recovery. Please remember that people highly over exaggerate the middling success of Sea of Thieves or No Mans Sky.

At this very moment in time on Steam Halo continues to hemorrhage players where it’s going toe to toe with Master Chief Collection. Which tells us that MCC is actually the more successful game; as it actually requires purchase.

Before you grasp at straw claiming gamespass; it’s currently ranked 19th on XBL in North America and 61st on Windows Store (pvp is a separate listing on windows - campaign is much further back). Forza has clearly established itself as Xbox’s number one brand.

Then compare it to destiny which charges players 100$ a year to play and it’s embarrassing that O FOR 3 can’t compete with the developer they plagiarize.

No game has ever recovered from such low numbers. Especially a juggernaut IP with Microsoft marketing money and funding.

Can Creative Assembly and a Battle Royale save it?

Actually it can. But just like Warzone cannibalizes and killed traditional COD… Vanguard ranked 20 on XBL for instance vs Warzone at 2. It would be a different game and effectively kill off the Halo you knew for good if it does take off.

I’m sorry. It’s time for a reality check. Infinite is the biggest flop of the generation. Even a cross media plan with the tv show dropped the ball and still led to less players caring about Halo. It all backfired big time.

D

Deleted member 13

And why do you think the game itself is a flop? What about the game now that makes it off-putting for players? Surely the gameplay is exactly the same as all the other Halo games. The graphics may not be next-gen, but it's not a horrible implementation. Do you think people are just more tuned to other MP games right now and options is what's killing the franchise?

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
No reason for it to be killed off but its not gonna be a ‘10 year game’ like they advertised.

It will continue being a mid-tier multiplayer offering for xbox players mostly. I have doubts it will ever stay within the top 10 on xbox on a consistent basis

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
From GOTY to GOATSE 😁

The shills were making us believe the game would destroy everything but in the end the truth always prevails. Halo is now irrelevant and the Steam numbers are a joke, even the TV show had no hype.

I tried playing the campaign but it was a (metal) corridor shooter, the little aliens were laughable and the AI robot was annoying. Multiplayer I played 4 matches and I didn't level up once. Boring.

Give me those bling bling numbers and unlocks please 😅

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
My thoughts on it are that the franchise has fallen so much from where it used to be that it is gonna take a LOT of money and effort and imagination to put it back even to 75% of what it used to be.

Personally I would abandon any 10 year plan, gather creatives across all the studios to brainstorm a story and new gameplay concepts and innovations and get the core team of 343 and replace or expand as necessary to accommodate the new scope etc.

Give them 6-7 years to basically soft reboot the series.

Give teases and hints until then a t various points as to the direction, style etc.

ARCANE

21 Jun 2022
I wouldn't be surprised if there has been internal discussions to right the ship giving them 2 years to improve the player numbers and content roadmap output with a 3rd year of support before rebooting the game/studio.

I do wonder if there has been discussions in xbox of what potential studio could handle the pressure, experience and expectations in doing Halo justice to bring it back to what were considered its glory days. Then the difficult decision to decide what to do with 343i in terms of scale and size and what new projects to work on outside of Halo.

My belief is fans may not trust another 343i Halo given the poor reception and issues with:
Halo 4
Halo 5
Master Chief Collection
Halo Infinite

They've had their chances with the franchise and haven't delivered well enough for the brand overall.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No game can survive to i343…

But they will get rip off before Halo dies and it will grow again with another studio.

BTW I defended i343 in the past but today I think they lack everything… and they had several chances to shine.

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think it will, the franchise is waay to big to fail, even with 343 actively trying to fuck it up (its either that or their management is non existent)

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Phil gives 343 basically a blank check and is quite good friends with a few of them there at 343 so as long as Phil is running the show Halo will survive even in its current state

That explains much. Plenty of F2P shooters just don't left enough room for an uninspired, bland game as Halo Infinite. More and more games are getting the F2P treat, and it'll get even harder to make people stick to Halo. Give it ID Software and you should expect an exciting gameplay that everyone wants to be part of.

Last edited:

Deleted member 131

Retired Athlete
VIP
28 Jun 2022
That explains much. Plenty of F2P shooters just don't left enough room for an inspired, bland game as Halo Infinite. More and more games are getting the F2P treat, and it'll get even harder to make people stick to Halo. Give it ID Software and you should expect an exciting gameplay that everyone wants to be part of.
Well the MP was F2P if I remember correctly the problem was 343 and Phil thought it would be a massive hit just being Halo and it wasn't. Fun fact Phil actually wanted the F2P part on Playstation as well (Wasn't the first time Xbox pushed for a Halo title on PS) but I don't know what ended up killing that deal.

What is killing Halo is its just dull and not inspired.

Funny enough that at one point EA blamed Halo's launch for killing BF2042, which they later denied

How bad does 2042 have to be for Halo to hurt its player count?

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Well what we have to consider is that with Warzone the era of the arena shooter ended.

For instance, Cold War is coming in at 16 and the more recent Vanguard right behind Halo at 20 on XBL.

Before Warzone and Blackout a traditional CoD release was the number 2 behind Fortnite.

Now COD had to become a f2p BR to keep that spot with the traditional retail games not keeping players anywhere close to how it used to be.

So it’s also a bit of what Halo offers people do not care for anymore.

This isn’t necessarily true since Apex, Siege, and Destiny 2 are all top 10 games which offer similar arena experiences but those all … fit the era.

Kretos

The Legend - Scourge of the Green Rats
21 Jun 2022
Infinite suffering is what it is

img

Jimbojim

22 Jun 2022
So, it was like that :

but now is like that ( hence the US is strongest territory for Xbox ) :

2aHYXPD.jpg

It is a loooong way till Season 3 and again jump to 5th place maybe.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
So, it was like that :

but now is like that ( hence the US is strongest territory for Xbox ) :

2aHYXPD.jpg

It is a loooong way till Season 3 and again jump to 5th place maybe.

You have a great name!

I never heard of Hola......

Status
Not open for further replies.