Will Halo Infinite survive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
gears 5 was a trainwreck, and they pretty much took the story to a dead end, atleast for Marcus and his son. the game sold terribly as well, and Rod Fergusson departed the studio immediately after it's catastrophic release. not a good sign at all, he sank the IP and they managed to force him out, 100%.

the damage coalition has done to gears is insane.

Mismanaged IP.

-Bro shooter about buff space football players, they deem it toxic masculinity and put a woke female lead no one likes.
-Entire new cast of characters is hated by the previous fanbase + none are popular or can carry an IP themselves
-Story is at a dead end
-Brand identity is gone. used to be gritty, manly, with metallica-inspired death metal blood and gore, balls to the wall space marine bro action. Now? A game for teenage girls maybe? (LOL KAIT DIAZ LOL)

Billie Ellish or this? what do Gears fans think? :LOL:

Coalition is gutter oil.

Oh wow, I really didn't know the reaction to it was that negative... I guess I just heard the people on Twitter and the good / decent reviews.
People like Dealer and TimDog are the loudest as you know.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Oh wow, I really didn't know the reaction to it was that negative... I guess I just heard the people on Twitter and the good / decent reviews.
People like Dealer and TimDog are the loudest as you know.
the game was terrible and the scores, even at mid-80's are inflated by the same flagship IP effect Halo Infinite benefits from.

Neither game is worth anything north of 80 and both games have basically been deserted, ghost-town level. Gears 5 is completely gone from the top Xbox Live games. Dead. Not even on the list.

this is a disaster for a once killer-app franchise, and the text-book example of a mismanaged IP.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I think 343 has some good talent. It's just all being mismanaged by the top.
What they managed to squeeze out of the 360 for Halo 4 graphically was actually impressive, and they did the same for Halo 5 to get 60fps (with sacrifices) on that 2013 abomination.

As a big fan of the franchise. I love Halo. But I've lost faith in 343's direction.
I feel Staten was the small saving grace, the game could have released in such a poorer state without him.

Obi-Wan

Hello there!
24 Jun 2022
I don’t know, but the current PR direction isn’t good. I enjoyed Infinite last year, then went to other games, and it seems every time I hear about this game, it’s in this borderline disaster tone…

Which is a bit at odds with the fun I had (specifically with the multiplayer), but still, I don’t think it can go on like this. Word of mouth means a lot. 343 needs to turn around the messaging, and hurry up and get the content out, so that people actually hear good things about this game and want to play it.

I don’t think any F2P/long-term month to month project can survive negativity this intense.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
True... the minute Destiny (Even the first game was announced) that was the death knell for Halo.
MSFT just didn't realize it.
I think that Halo 5 was a very hard blow in the confirmation of the direction they where headed (4 could have been a simple transitional hiccup)... Then with Infinite they just sh*t the bed completely, only saved by the humongous MS influencer marketing budget.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think that Halo 5 was a very hard blow in the confirmation of the direction they where headed (4 could have been a simple transitional hiccup)... Then with Infinite they just sh*t the bed completely, only saved by the humongous MS influencer marketing budget.

Yeah the soft reviews and influencers definitely cushion the landing..... otherwise it would have been a splat.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Was Hivebusters now well-received, all I can recall; is some people raving about it on another forum.

• haha

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Of course, they just need to inject the right content into it and it'll be fine. Counter-Strike Global Offensive was a dead game with barely over 20,000 concurrent players for its first 18 months, after the Arms Deal update it became one of the biggest FPS games ever.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Was Hivebusters now well-received, all I can recall; is some people raving about it on another forum.
It was, I wouldn't put much stock into what Bodycount is saying either. He's a previous Xbox fan turned rouge, and just shits on everything now.

Gears 4 was a good game, but a safe outing for their first attempt. Gears 5 was excellent all around, and Hivebusters took that to the next level.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
He's a previous Xbox fan turned rouge, and just shits on everything now.
Close up picture of @Bodycount611

Limited Edition Wtf GIF by XCOPY

I think you meant Rogue 😍

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It was, I wouldn't put much stock into what Bodycount is saying either. He's a previous Xbox fan turned rouge, and just shits on everything now.

Gears 4 was a good game, but a safe outing for their first attempt. Gears 5 was excellent all around, and Hivebusters took that to the next level.

Gary Oldman Boss GIF by Apple TV+

Oh no, he's turned rogue!

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Already dead. There's nothing 343 can do now to bring it back to life.

Can't get away with this incompetence in the FPS genre.

The genre is saturated and the standard is so high.

Gamers have a dozen alternatives they can play.

Gamerguy84

22 Jun 2022
It can survive to answer the OP. As soon as it's actually finished.

Also anything can survive with enough money backing it. MS has spent over 70B on acquisitions alone. Not to mention how many Bs on exclusivity, giving gamepass away for 5 years, and market influence. The last 3 reasons I just gave they will never admit a dollar amount to but its pretty big.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Makes you wonder what could happen if MCC went f2p in some form.

I won’t even rule out the Halo BR going full multiplatform too. These are different times.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It can survive to answer the OP. As soon as it's actually finished.

Also anything can survive with enough money backing it. MS has spent over 70B on acquisitions alone. Not to mention how many Bs on exclusivity, giving gamepass away for 5 years, and market influence. The last 3 reasons I just gave they will never admit a dollar amount to but its pretty big.

Yup, they have spent enormous sums of money in the last few years...it's almost unfathomable.

Reactions: Cragarmi
Status
Not open for further replies.