Status
Not open for further replies.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Why would there be matchmaking for co-op? It's literally never been a thing. I swear you guys just look for things to be outraged about.
Because people are obsesses with any game that has a poor launch or isn't doing well in general.

Instead of just going "oh yeah well I guess I won't play that game" they join in on some pile-on thing where every little thing becomes a new thread and they get to talk shit.

It's just such a waste of time to me..

Reactions: DynamiteCop

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
It’s literally a thing in every game.

Stupid
It's not a thing in any Halo game, also this isn't just a mission based game it's an open world which doesn't make any sense on the back of itself. Also since you're a Destiny lunatic where is the Co-op matchmaking for that, oh wait..

Learn your place.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It's not a thing in any Halo game, also this isn't just a mission based game it's an open world which doesn't make any sense on the back of itself. Also since you're a Destiny lunatic where is the Co-op matchmaking for that, oh wait..

Learn your place.

I already mentioned the game design issue. Which is untrue seeing how it’s the same shit as ghost recon. Nor did I frame anything as outrage. You jumped to that yourself.

And Yes there is co-op matchmaking for destiny in literally everything. Literally from the start of the game. Just not for endgame like raids.

You would expect Halo to evolve in the last 20 years and have basic features like this.

Mode is now dead on arrival.

What else do you want to be wrong about?

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I already mentioned the game design issue. Which is untrue seeing how it’s the same shit as ghost recon. Nor did I frame anything as outrage. You jumped to that yourself.

And Yes there is co-op matchmaking for destiny in literally everything. Literally from the start of the game. Just not for endgame like raids.

You would expect Halo to evolve in the last 20 years and have basic features like this.

Mode is now dead on arrival.

What else do you want to be wrong about?
Fake outrage from a Destiny fanatic constantly making threads dumping on Halo.

Just shut up.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Fake outrage from a Destiny fanatic constantly making threads dumping on Halo.

Just shut up.

Trash cover band that struggles to be relevant. It’s like Disney Star Wars. Complete garbage that should be recognized for what it is. Soulless garbage from evil monoliths like Microsoft and Disney.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Just to put it into perspective …

Fallout 76 does better.

500 million dollar game +

Trash cover band whose only positive criticism is the game code they plagiarized.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Just to put it into perspective …

Fallout 76 does better.

500 million dollar game +

Trash cover band whose only positive criticism is the game code they plagiarized.
There hasn't been evidence of any kind to suggest that this game cost $500 million dollars to develop. Still spreading unsubstantiated rumors I see.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
No it will definitely end up costing significantly more.

Most rumors were true about this thing. Who are you kidding.

Rumors says the guy who swore up and down Series S didn’t exist and that Halo was launching in the March following series launch… buahahhahahahha

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Learn your place.
Destiny has matchmaking for all Co Op activities except Raid and Trial of Osiris since 2014.
That is Destiny but I don’t think it is different for Destiny 2.

While I understand your point you choose a very bad example.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Destiny has matchmaking for all Co Op activities except Raid and Trial of Osiris since 2014.

It's a perfect example the game restricts matchmaking depending on what you're doing, just like halo.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

Trials has matchmaking now. You’re just not going to the lighthouse

Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Nah there’s no reason for Infinite’s co-op to be gated like this. Especially for the dev time wasted. You want players to engage with it. Now you’re def killing its potential. This is definitely a misstep.

It would be a disaster to just jump to into someone’s idle game tho.

It need to be built as co-op from ground up. I don’t think this is the way at all.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Nah there’s no reason for Infinite’s co-op to be gated like this. Especially for the dev time wasted. You want players to engage with it. This is definitely a misstep.
It's a 20 plus hour open world game, you're smoking drugs

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Then wtf is Elden ring. That says nothing to me.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's a perfect example the game restricts matchmaking depending on what you're doing, just like halo.
I’m not sure if you know what is an example so let’s not enter in perfect side.

You are comparing…

Destiny that always had matchmaking for CoOp vs Halo Infinite that has no matchmaking for CoOp.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
This isn't a "co-op activity" like Destiny.. this is.. playing through a single player game in Co-op.. it's not a looter shooter that's a pretty big difference.

Co-op sessions are meant to last hours.. and you have to be close to someone geographically. And since this isn't a grinding looter shooter people aren't going to just play co-op stuff for days/months/years on end like Destiny which is basically designed exactly for you to do that.

And the game also has a bunch of modifiers and all kinds of stuff.. difficulty levels, those skull things.. and your progress matters more than Destiny where everyone is in the "end game" state for the most part then it just becomes matching levels/whatever they are calling the sub-level thing now.

Honestly Xbox LFG is fine for this stuff.. it has all of the features you'd want to be able to say "Hey I want to play a game with all of these flags turned on and starting on this level" and have people browse and choose what they want.

Could they have put that sort of "LFG server browser" into the game? Sure.. but honestly, you can hop to the Xbox menus any time you want and do the LFG stuff... and it works well.

it's a co-op mode you'd GENERALLY want to play with friends anyway, in a decently long session.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Honestly my bigger worry is the co-op mode is going to suck or I won't like the campaign anyways.

Haven't played the game yet but will absolutely co-op my way through it with my wife, then forget about it, and never need matchmaking lol

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
i think theres no way back.
the game is dead and abandoned
Pretty obvious they should have delayed by another year lol.

But even then I think multiplayer would be dead within six months under 343i's stewardship.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Honestly my bigger worry is the co-op mode is going to suck or I won't like the campaign anyways.

Haven't played the game yet but will absolutely co-op my way through it with my wife, then forget about it, and never need matchmaking lol
If you like Bungie Halo there's no chance that you won't like this. It's basically everything that they laid out and so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.