Will people keep the same energy regarding Metroid Prime Remaster that they have for TLOU Part 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Heavily rumored that Metroid Prime remaster will be a big 2022 holiday game for Nintendo according to Jeff Grubbsnax.

Knowing Nintendos history this will most likely be a 60 dollar remaster of the first game with little gameplay, graphics or accessibility enhancements.

This is the second GameCube game getting a remake/remaster this year along with RE4R. Only this im assuming is more of a port like Skyward Sword.

Whats worse a remaster of a 20 year old game for 60 dollars, or a remake of a 9 year old game for 70?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What do you mean by energy?

I have no interest in Metroid Prime because the change is not what I want in the franchise… I should be more happy with a old Metroid remake.

It is the opposite for TLOU for me ;)

About the price I believe Nintendo and Sony can set what they believe is worth… imo $60-70 is worth for any full game no matter if new, remaster, remake, etc.

• brain
Reactions: EbonyRainbow

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Of course it won't get that energy, Nintendo don't have as many haters as Sony. There was a meme going around with Zelda VS TLOU and it was the truth.

That said, I'm getting both Day 1 😁

You can blame me. Don't care.

rap battle oh snap GIF

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Of course it won't get that energy, Nintendo don't have as many haters as Sony. There was a meme going around with Zelda VS TLOU and it was the truth.

That said, I'm getting both Day 1 😁

You can blame me. Don't care.

rap battle oh snap GIF

Lol at least you’re honest about it. People will go to war over the 70 dollar price increase for new games and happily buy Pikmin 3 for 60.

Breath of The Wild came out in 2017 and its still 60 dollars. Sony has dropped 1-2 year old games in their game service already. Nintendo wouldn’t even dare to put last gen or last last gen games on their service

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
Heavily rumored that Metroid Prime remaster will be a big 2022 holiday game for Nintendo according to Jeff Grubbsnax.

Knowing Nintendos history this will most likely be a 60 dollar remaster of the first game with little gameplay, graphics or accessibility enhancements.

This is the second GameCube game getting a remake/remaster this year along with RE4R. Only this im assuming is more of a port like Skyward Sword.

Whats worse a remaster of a 20 year old game for 60 dollars, or a remake of a 9 year old game for 70?

I really love metroid prime but the best version of those games is the Wii version.
The switch isnt a strong enough console to make a considerable remake. But its been long enough that people wouldnt mind a remake of that at all, the issue with TLOU is that its a very good looking game that has already been remastered not long ago.
I wouldnt be buying either however

• brain

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Lol at least you’re honest about it. People will go to war over the 70 dollar price increase for new games and happily buy Pikmin 3 for 60.

Breath of The Wild came out in 2017 and its still 60 dollars. Sony has dropped 1-2 year old games in their game service already. Nintendo wouldn’t even dare to put last gen or last last gen games on their service
Wait it's not the Metroid Prime Trilogy 😳

💀

• haha

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
As a PlayStation gamer I don’t even care for Naughty Dog games and it’s rare that Nintendo gets any money from me in general unless it’s proper Zelda and Metroid releases.

So with that said, Metroid Prime is one of my favorite games ever…. I’m sure as fuck far more excited than I could ever be for Last Of Us Remake in any reality.

I’m more excited that it’s a pseudo remake. Actual dual analog controls for starters. This is interesting for sure. I expected trilogy ports but more effort put into the release is nice too. Not gonna complain unless it’s totally botched.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Well TLOU remaster seems too early. It’s not like it’s aged horribly so they could’ve gotten away with performance and res upgrades.

However… that’s not what they wanted to do. So be it. Don’t care tho.

Also, people are ignoring that the coming multiplayer game is a far more riskier, important and bigger release than the remake. They’re doing what they can to keep brand awareness strong.

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
Well TLOU remaster seems too early. It’s not like it’s aged horribly so they could’ve gotten away with performance and res upgrades.

However… that’s not what they wanted to do. So be it. Don’t care tho.
Exactly my point, I think its too soon and unecessary, but who cares, its what they wanted to do.
Some people they are entitled to chose what game devs do next.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
i just don't really expect Nintendo to do a ground up remake for prime 1 when prime 4 is supposedly just around the corner.

Kind of like how I didn't expect Rockstar to make a GTAV style remake of previous games when GTA6 is being worked on.

• they're_right_you_know

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
2017 until now is a long time just for a port. I imagine it’s a skeleton crew and done as cheaply as Nintendo only can.

However… Retro is a premier game dev. It’s not like we’re dealing with 343 here…

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think its because its taken much longer to get a remaster for Metroid Prime, it’s not really the same as TLOU1 getting a remake. Its only been 9 years since TLOU1.

But TLOU1 Remake will probably have a bigger jump in graphics compared to Metroid Lol

Im gonna buy both day 1

• brain
Status
Not open for further replies.