Will Resetera ban talks about Zenimax/Bethesda because of transphobia in the company?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
(Not a culture wars thread, this is not focused on talking about trans issues, not aimed at talking about politics, etc, so if you intend of doing it, get out, this is a hypocrisy pointing thread)

It is known that Resetera banned both Cyberpunk and Hogwarts Legacy talks there because of transphobia on cyberpunk and Rowling’s recent political views.
So, this has been posted there today:

it seems Zenimax is very transphobic, to the point they basically forced an employee out of the company.
I wonder now if era will ban talks about Zenimax, or not, because, you know, it’s a Microsoft company now.
Will they do it or will they turn a blind eye?
Will the thread get locked?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm sure management there will turn a blind eye due to them being a MS company. The same way these people are not "left wing", they don't give two shits about "trans rights", they give a shit about virtue signalling and pretending to be good people.

Edit - This is not a dig at everybody on that website, but at a lot of them, especially the moderation / admin

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Judge and co will banned everyone who talk shit about zenimax and xbox

Then he and every xbox era army realizes by doing so he becomes a bigot thus proceed to nuked themselves afterwards

When everyone got nuked that places become desolate..

As the places become desolate..era admin feels the urge to invite Evilore and everyone from Neogaf to fill the place...

Everyone know evilore despise the lord of the ring of power series ( but actually secretly loves the young galadriel)

By banning everyone and deleting comments of users who leaves positive comments on ring of power season 2....hes been accused of being an elfphobic bigot...

Ashamed....humiliated...he stepped down...

And was thinking...what other thing i can do to fix this...

He know elfes loves and are associated with the color blue..what other brand associated with the color blue?

The answer is Playstation...what other dudes better to lead a playstation fansites..the answer is Bryank75...

As a new boss of both pages...Bryant then proceed to merge resetera and iconera..restore the glory of old neogaf to its former self..and name it...

JimRyanEra...

Jake Picking Darren Criss GIF by NETFLIX

Jks

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I thought Microsoft was great for workers rights 😂.

I'm listening to the video and it was straight away totally appalling what they did. Fuckin hell.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It is funny month. FTC grilled m$ idiots, now this.
Undead labs also had problems as other studios too.

Xbox and m$ is just a
Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Swift_Star
24 Jun 2022
They'll conveniently ignore it just like they did with the High on Life stuff (up to a point...though in that one's case the accusations turned out to be false).

One thing is for sure: they will close down any specific threads relating to the topic over there within 2-5 pages, tell users to talk about it in the Xbox OT, where the mods will then warn and ban users who bring the topic up in there.

So essentially, yes, they will ban any discussion of it especially anything even remotely critical of Zenimax or Microsoft, and absolutely anything that (rightfully) brings up concerns about MS's ability (or inability) to change ABK's troubled workplace culture if they even manage to acquire them.

Now if this were a Sony studio? Oh, you bet they'd let that thread run for 30+ pages, constant engagement to push it to the top, no mods or admins in there to "guide discourse", convenient ignoring of reports on people using the news to be anti-PS/anti-Sony, the whole nine.

Just in case anyone at ResetERA reads this: when we say that forum is complete trash, it's not necessarily because of the users (well, unless you're Sullivan, Shoot, Redrum, writhingcorpse, gremlinz1982, fiendcode, Yoga Flame, Vigilante Joker, UraMallas...you can probably see the pattern between all of them if you've followed the ABK acquisition thread long enough). It's because of the double-standards the mods and admin have towards handling potentially negative Microsoft/Xbox and Sony/PlayStation news.

They go out of their way to protect the former and minimize any spread or stern critiques on them, while at the same time, openly let the latter just run its course and let anti-brand sentiments freely run amuck in those threads. They do this even for similar events between the two. There are also specific users on the forum who basically do nothing but make threads to belittle and stifle enthusiasm around PlayStation exclusives, usually for the dumbest reasons, and a lot of times just being new versions of older threads that tried doing the exact same thing. It's one thing to have constructive criticism, it's another to do what some of these people do when it comes to PlayStation exclusives (and meanwhile for Xbox exclusives it's either never done or gets shut down by mods & admin quickly).

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I thought Microsoft was great for workers rights 😂.

I'm listening to the video and it was straight away totally appalling what they did. Fuckin hell.
Anybody who said this must atone. You have to have a tadpole's brain to think Microsoft would be favorable to union efforts at Activision.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They can use several others reasons to ban these MS owned studios.

But they choose to made up one unreasonable one lol

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I still don't get how Cyberpunk was anti transgender. If anything, wasn't it pro?

Silly era and its ridiculous shit.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's going to get buried in the news and they will continue to pretend Microsoft will "save" Activision employees.

Only 2 pages, they can't even pretend to care.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I still don't get how Cyberpunk was anti transgender. If anything, wasn't it pro?

Silly era and its ridiculous shit.

Correct. What happened was that they actually didn’t like that trannies were objectified equally in cyberpunk. It’s actually asking to be treated with more protections as if they’re better than others.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
it seems Zenimax is very transphobic, to the point they basically forced an employee out of the company.
I wonder now if era will ban talks about Zenimax, or not, because, you know, it’s a Microsoft company now.
Will they do it or will they turn a blind eye?
Will the thread get locked?
I would ask for receipts when making that kind of accusations these days. Things called transfobic go from not allowing men in women's bathrooms (obvious not being able to figure out what a woman is is a common trait among those throwing that kind of insult...)

So what was demanded? Why was it refused? Was it just a lack of pride flags in the pride month? There was no bud light in the company refrigerator? No diversity and inclusion statement in the last few months? Not firing an openly republican colleague (the closet is for them now, this is reparations).

That whole drama should stop and people should be adults about these things.

Reactions: Zzero