Will Smiths Chinese zombie game - Dunkey (That's Hot!)

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I took this screenshot from the video. These visuals look better than many previous gen and most Switch games.

image.png

Reactions: Jim Ryan
OP
OP
Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
I took this screenshot from the video. These visuals look better than many previous gen and most Switch games.

image.png

Sure , some parts do but the quality is so uneven... And some things like the impromptu musical number (ala Frozen) is kinda of hilarious.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sure , some parts do but the quality is so uneven... And some things like the impromptu musical number (ala Frozen) is kinda of hilarious.
Yes, it's so cheesy and the visual quality varies a lot. Some things are super impressive, but there's there a can in 1:54 that looks like a PS1 model.

Chinese games often miss a balance to unify and homogenize the art style and quality, in addition to have a more personal and unique and less generic art style. Who knows, maybe they don't have art directors or their role is very diffferent there.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Jim Ryan
OP
OP
Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Yes, it's so cheesy and the visual quality varies a lot. Some things are super impressive, but there's there a can in 1:54 that looks like a PS1 model.

Chinese games often miss a balance to unify and homogenize the art style and quality, in addition to have a more personal and unique and less generic art style. Who knows, maybe they don't have art directors or their role is very diffferent there.

It's quite jarring that it goes from anime style to normal style. I assume you're correct, In that they have no art director to coordinate these things.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's quite jarring that it goes from anime style to normal style. I assume you're correct, In that they have no art director to coordinate these things.
Or maybe the art director role there is to whip artists to make them churn art assets as fast as possible, more than defining a style, tone, art guidelines and quality standards plus to verify they are met and guide the team when needed.