Windows Central: "Based on our sources", the next Xbox generation is a traditional console and a handheld

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You people really do just repeat things like a script, don't you?

SIE does NOT use Azure for PS's cloud backbone; they use Amazon's AWS. What they did back in 2019 was sign a Memorandum of Understanding with Microsoft to potentially use Azure, but actual usage never materialized.

SIE have made a lot of mistakes this gen, but they avoided a big one by going with AWS over Azure. Some 2P games, like Helldivers 2, do use Azure, but they are games developed by external studios (3P) who had the choice in deciding what cloud providers to go with. SIE's 1P studios and SIE themselves do not use Azure.

This talking point really needs to die out but people not informed on that bit keep repeating it instead of taking two minutes to research the point at hand.
They are not here or anywhere else to seek that. They are all just on repeat, like they coached to death.
One changes another with the same talking points.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Well wouldn’t be surprised if Microsoft was panicking from PlayStation 6 next generation rumours and told beforehand their snitches to fuel some counter news.

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
Why would they even release another Console?

Xbox Series is a complete failure, making even the One look good.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Enemies?

MS isn’t my enemy. Competition is good for gaming. I want a strong Xbox like I want a strong Nintendo.

Without competition you get 2006 “work a second job to afford our console” Sony. Or even 2024 Sony, who thought Concord would be a major hit.

Consumers are better off when competition is fierce and strong. And just like every generation, I’ll buy consoles from all three. I’ll also build a new PC every 2-3 years. I like having all the options.
The market has spoken and if your console cant make enough money in the market to sustain itself then your console goes bye bye. This isn't kindergarten where everyone gets a trophy. This real life buddy.

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
Enemies?

MS isn’t my enemy. Competition is good for gaming. I want a strong Xbox like I want a strong Nintendo.

Without competition you get 2006 “work a second job to afford our console” Sony. Or even 2024 Sony, who thought Concord would be a major hit.

Consumers are better off when competition is fierce and strong. And just like every generation, I’ll buy consoles from all three. I’ll also build a new PC every 2-3 years. I like having all the options.
Are you willing to pay for that?
You guys are always good at asking Xbox to compete, but when it comes to supporting them, it drops dead.

Then all you hear from Xbox-Fans is how they don't pay for games and buy cheap gamepass keys via VPN or conversion tricks.

How is Xbox supposed to compete, when even their own fans don't want to pay for them?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Are you willing to pay for that?
You guys are always good at asking Xbox to compete, but when it comes to supporting them, it drops dead.

Then all you hear from Xbox-Fans is how they don't pay for games and buy cheap gamepass keys via VPN or conversion tricks.

How is Xbox supposed to compete, when even their own fans don't want to pay for them?
But but, they have money! 😂
They feel entitled for a piece of that.

• haha
Reactions: Landiri

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
So you dont think a $100 price drop is an attractive options for new fans and people who were gonna move on. Right now would be an attractive time to do it. Just like they did with the PS4 Pro release. And every other generation

You attract *some* new fans for sure, but you lose 100 dollars on people who were going to buy the system anyway for 100 dollars more. Over the course of an entire year, the result of that is billions of dollars in lost revenue. I'd much rather they spent that money on content than trying to *buy* new fans.

Sony has been taking a loss on consoles for a long time and eventually makes money when the console ages. And now wouldnt be so bad with PS5 base. Even $50
PS sales normally increase alot after price drops. I mean i get why they are waiting for after GTA 6, but a price drop could make the console sales even worse for Xbox. Its called going for the kill

Look at Sony's profitability during the PS1 and PS2 eras its negligible compared to what they made during the PS4 era, and the PS5 era has still generated more profit than all of these times combined (if you include the PS3 which was a loss).

If you already get why they're waiting until after GTA6 what are you still on about this for?

Xbox isn't selling except to core Xbox fans who weren't likely to buy a PS5 just because of a price drop, just as Xbox dropping the price of the XSX during the holidays didn't generate more sales, it just reduced revenue.

Did they come out and show proof? Did Video gaming media come out with a scientific fact? Either way I wouldnt believe it. Because it was working way better in PS4 generation. The fanbase was alot happier. Sales were great. But that was more because where PS was as a mindshare then anything else.

Scientific fact? It's just marketing and sales data which is what they would base these decisions on. The fanbase is happier? Why is Sony more profitable now then?

Core gamers seem to think they speak for the market. Look at Astro Bot sales compared to a game like NBA 2K25 that comes out every year and is the same thing.

More announcements of your best games = more hype = more exited gameers.
As fans we want announcements, why is that wrong? If Sony knows it doesnt increase sales, then they should also know how the fans feel about their lack of announcements.

Announcing games, creates more hype for sure, no amount of facts or graphs from video game experts can convince me otherwise.

Showing games coming and lack has been one of the biggest complains from the fanbase currently and this generation. You didnt get these complains during the PS3/PS4 generation.

I get why YOU want that, but that doesn't mean that changes reality. The internet isn't real.

Made games so much worse right? Which Playstation games did it make much worse?
I mean Sony is one of the most polished publishers, they were fine.

It's not that it made games worse, but you can tell it puts stress on developers. Again the best example of this is Naughty Dog and TLOU P2. It's all there in the making of video.

This stress makes retention harder and recruiting harder and yes, THAT makes games worse.

Spiderman was shown in 2021, released in 2023. Probably one Sony’s least polished games ever….
Bethesda one of the publishers who dont show there game till last minute… one of the least polished AAA gaming studios ever. But console wars mirite…

Also one of Sony's biggest games of all time in terms of size and scope and it had to come out before the holidays to push PS5 because they had nothing else. And extra 3 months and that game probably would have been more polished. Again, deadlines and rushing games to try and sell consoles...

Im talking about deals to kIll xbox. Go for the throat, whatever it takes.

Xbox is already dead, you just don't realize it. That being said, getting core Xbox consumers to switch to PlayStation isn't going to happen with just price cuts or games being announced earlier. It'll happen with seismic events that are largely out of Sony's control and are more Microsoft oriented.

• Micorsoft releasing a game that runs better on PS5 Pro than XSX
  • Microsoft putting Halo on PS5
  • Microsoft releasing a PC Console hybrid that is priced accordingly

Everything you argue about is something Sony use to do. And a part of their success.

-Take a drop on consoles

And this impacted their profitability, which hinders them from doing other things

-Drop console prices after a couple of years

inflation

-Announce games from far out

Bad employee feedback

-Make many attractive 3rd party exclusives

Expensive and redundant (largely)

So you don't think a price drop will help with sales?
You dont think announcing new games from your best studios will excite fans?
And you dont think more 3rd party deals with help?

Things have changed but nothing to prove these wouldnt work or improve things. Price drops always help

A price drop doesn't help long term sales, it would help short term sales.

Casual gamers don't read gaming news, they hear about games as they're released. Exciting core fans isn't worth upsetting your employees.

No, 3rd party deals largely won't help at this point.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Two different things completely

How the fuck a someone who thinks some game will be a major hit, has something to do with an arrogance? There are always hit and misses.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
I love how these "consumer-first" people worry so much about competition, and then look up to Microsoft of all companies, as the "chosen one" to do it.

It's like asking for a bigger bully to stop the first one from stealing your lunch and expecting nothing to go wrong.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Enemies?

If Xbox 360 didn't happen, we also wouldn't be paying $10 a month to play online. Thanks microsoft!

You're just saying anything that fits into your "sony bad" narrative. Who directly competes with Nintendo? Nobody. And it's business per usual.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Landiri