Windows Central: 'In addition to Project Mara, Ninja Theory's next game already greenlit. There are no plans whatsoever to close the studio' 🥓🧂🧂

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
On top of re-scanning their office for Project Mate 2, they are already working on Bleeding Edge 2 and a 6 hour game for the PS6 that will release in 2032, why would MS ever close them? Their next game will be set in Japan so that they can increase the cost of their field trips.

London Studio also had a greenlit game and were actively hiring. Sony still shut them down.

I hope Ninja Theory doesn't get shut down though and can at least go independent like Toys For Bob did.
Sony sucks so much, couldn't even let them show the game and give it a chance of generating some buzz.

Last edited:
  • sad
Reactions: JAHGamer

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Sony sucks so much, couldn't even let them show the game and give it a chance of generating some buzz.
^ Probably Bungie reviewed the game and was like hell nah. London prob survived if they just focused on PSVR2 as 1st party support.

Jez Corden also said no chance of Xbox games coming to PS5, we will see. Mean Hi-Fi rush was a much cheaper and well reviewed game they got shut down. Regarding Ninja Theory, loved their titles especially Heavenly Sword & Enslaved. I would say only a idiot would shut them down, but then again Matt Booty and Phil run the place..

Reactions: Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
On top of re-scanning their office for Project Mate 2, they are already working on Bleeding Edge 2 and a 6 hour game for the PS6 that will release in 2032, why would MS ever close them? Their next game will be set in Japan so that they can increase the cost of their field trips.

Didn't we get concept art? Elves and dragons in modern London. Yawn

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I don't know about that, expecting a good open world game from people who made eye toy and singstar games in the old gens and PSVR games the previous gen is a reach, If they show and cancel it they land up in a Scalebound situation

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I don't know about that, expecting a good open world game from people who made eye toy and singstar games in the old gens and PSVR games the previous gen is a reach, If they show and cancel it they land up in a Scalebound situation
Maybe dont have all studios making AAA open world games in the first place.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
London Studio also had a greenlit game and were actively hiring. Sony still shut them down.

I hope Ninja Theory doesn't get shut down though and can at least go independent like Toys For Bob did.

Hopefully that happens so they came back to Sony and make Heavenly Sword 2

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Sad how this is a headline. Honestly I dislike MS too but the discussion around this game is depressing. Bunch of people wishing the death of NT, just so their “Ms evil” narrative can be more accurate

Look Xbox is dogshit but NT has been a great studio for a long time, im hoping the best for them.

I'm worried about the future of the studio. It has nothing to with wanting to prove a narrative, though. It's due to the fact that MS just shut down two studios - one that was adept at making well-loved games that weren't necessarily blockbusters (Tango) and NT isn't so different from that. The fact that this is even being brought up when HB2 is being released is not on the shoulders of the general public, it's on MS and their worrying history of how they treat game studios and 'products' that aren't meeting their definition of success.

Being 'right' isn't always a great thing either. I predicted that consolidation would be bad for the industry. With the studio closures and massive lay-offs - that has come true (and we're only in the beginning stages). I'd prefer to be wrong, but MS won't give me or anyone else a chance to be in this situation.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
After the reviews, give it 2 weeks. I don't trust any PR spin at this moment. And yes, that letter does seem alarming in a way.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
No one is going to spend $50 to play a 6 hour-long single-player game. It's a lot cheaper to get a month of Gamepass, play it once and then spend the rest of the month trying out other stuff, like being disappointed with Starfield again.

So Hellblade 2 isn't going to sell copies, and after it fails to sell copies we will see what Microsoft's decision on studio closure is.

Which is super unfair to the people at Ninja Theory. If I was working on any Xbox-owned studio I'd certainly be sending CVs everywhere at this point.
This month's studio closures sure did nuke the confidence of everyone in those 36 studios.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Oh, sure it has. Just like Tango was being reinvested in after Hi-Fi Rush exceeded in every metric.

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+