Windows Central: Metal Gear is getting a Classic Collection that comprises MGS1, 2, and 3.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
As an update to this (Remake), I've heard that in addition to Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake, there will also be a new Classic Collection that comprises MGS1, 2, and 3. It's likely being announced in June.

Update 2: Since a few people were asking me, I've heard that Metal Gear Solid 4 won't be included in any prospective Classic Collection re-releases. I don't know the exact reason, but I presume this is at least in part due to the game's unique structure as a native PS3 game. The Classic Collection may also come in volumes, based on what I've heard, with Metal Gear Rising, PeaceWalker, and other spin-offs like Portable Ops hitting as part of a "Vol. 2" Classic Collection. Some of the details on the Classic Collection are a bit murky, so take it with a grain of salt. MGS1-3 re-releases are almost certainly in, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
No MGS4? No MGS Remake?
Come On Reaction GIF by WWE

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Mgs IV must be a nightmare to port to any platform. Not only for technical reasons but to licensing (apple product placement and many more)