With Valorant coming to PS Concord is officially dead.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Because of (insert game name) this (insert game name) is dead on arrival.
Whats the point of (insert game name) if (insert game name) was in development first.
Because (insert game name) is/was/will be, better in all ways because (insert game name) has nothing going for it.

It's like no one is even willing to give a game a shot these days, Good or Bad you have no idea how well a game will do.
You are only supporting it because that Robot had pronouns, shut the hell up you Furrie!

furrie i sit on you GIF by beeeky

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
60 million PS5 out there and all of them are gonna play this 1 hero shooter? How the fuck some of yall made it thru high school😂

Reactions: AllBizness

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
I think i prefer playing the dead Concord game then fucking Valorant.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Y'all should want Sony to succeed with these GaaS games, I don't get it. Even if I don't support everything they do, it is only a huge win for everyone in the PS base if their GaaS games succeed lol.

I'm not a Sony shareholder, so why should i care?

I just want good single player games, I'm not supporting some GAAS slop from Sony

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I'm not a Sony shareholder, so why should i care?

I just want good single player games, I'm not supporting some GAAS slop from Sony
Do we need to be shareholder to want to see PlayStation also have a slice of the Multiplayer pie? Why would I not want to see PlayStation devs succeed? 🙄

Well that's your prerogative. I also enjoy Multiplayer games and I've always respected the way Sony goes about their Multiplayers.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Y'all should want Sony to succeed with these GaaS games, I don't get it. Even if I don't support everything they do, it is only a huge win for everyone in the PS base if their GaaS games succeed lol.

Yes and no. I'd be glad if they score one or two GaaS hits, but they have Bungie for it. The dangers are too big they'd see the big bucks and put all their eggs in the GaaS basket. We've been already noticing the repercussions of it.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Reminds me of the brain dead "Horizon is DOA because of Zelda BOTW". Next minute Horizon sells over 24 million
I remember that infamous thread on NeoGaf when Horizon Zero Dawn was voted the game that would be the biggest flop of 2017 🤣

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yes and no. I'd be glad if they score one or two GaaS hits, but they have Bungie for it. The dangers are too big they'd see the big bucks and put all their eggs in the GaaS basket. We've been already noticing the repercussions of it.
Concord is by a studio that focuses on GaaS? Why would I not want to see them succeed? Same as I was rooting for Helldivers 2. The same way I will root for Marathon and even that Horizon Online game. There's still Single Player games coming so I wouldn't say they are putting all their eggs in one basket considering they've scaled back the GaaS initiative internally.

Bungie alone cannot be their only successful GaaS studio, that's literally backwards thinking.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Ehh I just want a new Socom & honestly seeing how Battlefield been moving i think a MAG 2 would fucking bang on PS & PC. It’s crazy they green lit a Twisted Metal online but not the other 2 like I wouldn’t be mad for a Twisted Metal online but there’s other ip & other old shooters Sony has that would certainly have higher chance of success. Even Warhawk or PS Allstars

MAG 2 125vs125

Casual
TDM
Kill Confirm
Domination
CTF
Hardpoint
Search & Destroy (A 125v125 search & destroy match would be epic & new 1 bomb 2 sites 5-10 minute rounds 1 life I think that would make for epic gameplay)

Party modes
Infection

Rank mode 6vs6 or 12v12
Search & Destroy
Hardpoint
CTF

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
More outrage over online games by forum nutters who hate online games.

On brand for icon era

Valorant leads that created the game now work at Bungie including the director of Marathon.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Yes.

The competition is too high and Concord had nothing to stand out.

It's certainly up against it.
Well that's the problem with these type of live service games. People spend hundreds if not thousands of hours on a single one, who's got time to juggle several of them?

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
More outrage over online games by forum nutters who hate online games.

On brand for icon era

Valorant leads that created the game now work at Bungie including the director of Marathon.

In all fairness, it could have amazing gameplay, that puts it above all the other games and that could be enough for it to succeed.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I remember that infamous thread on NeoGaf when Horizon Zero Dawn was voted the game that would be the biggest flop of 2017 🤣
It would be interesting to see the reactions to the Helldivers 2 announcement everywhere (mostly in the showcase thread of when it was announced, because I assume most people simply ignored game specific threads).

Last edited:
Reactions: Danja

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Concord is more appealing to me that's for sure.
- not free to play, means the devs have more funding for more content
- Destiny style weapons/sci fi weapons and not weopons grounded in realism like the guns in Valorant, means Concord will have a lot more variety in weaponry
- Concord characters have way cooler abilities and in ways that enhance gameplay