Within less than a year Forza Motorsport lobby seems to be dead

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022

Last time i play forza it was forza horizon 4 few years ago

I dont know what happened to the recent 2 forza game but it seems like the online race has been really chaotic, many people leaving due to horendous unpunished rammer, bugs and server issues or microsoft been pumping too many forza games that gets people bored or microsoft simply not caring anymore

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Is there a way to track this vs Gran Turismo,

@Bryank75 you love cars more than life itself, LINK DATA please

Old Car Ratcityrukkus GIF by Off The Jacks

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Dramatic numbers despite being on Game Pass & PC. Doesn't help that the game launched completely broken on PC and underdelivered in every aspect and is bare-bones on content as well. The side-effect from GP is that the barrier of entry is lower and the ''non-Racers'' come in and ruin/troll online races playing it like it's Burn Out or Forza Horizon. Chris Esaki and his team with their pre-release marketing pff their lies and fraudery simply caught up.
They had 7 years to build this and it's an absolute embarrassment, so badly people are migrating there to GT7.

Is there a way to track this vs Gran Turismo,

@Bryank75 you love cars more than life itself, LINK DATA please
updated-weekly-active-time-trial-participants-totals-gt7-v0-y9qmme6fdxad1.png

To give an idea; individuals that have completed a lap in the Time Trials Events (wo penalty/violation).

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Dramatic numbers despite being on Game Pass & PC. Doesn't help that the game launched completely broken on PC and underdelivered in every aspect and is bare-bones on content as well. The side-effect from GP is that the barrier of entry is lower and the ''non-Racers'' come in and ruin/troll online races playing it like it's Burn Out or Forza Horizon. Chris Esaki and his team with their pre-release marketing pff their lies and fraudery simply caught up.
They had 7 years to build this and it's an absolute embarrassment, so badly people are migrating there to GT7.

updated-weekly-active-time-trial-participants-totals-gt7-v0-y9qmme6fdxad1.png

To give an idea; individuals that have completed a lap in the Time Trials Events (wo penalty/violation).
So Gran T is basically thriving?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I never expected to say that.

But Forza Motorsport 8 is the most rushed, bugged and low in content game in the franchise.
It is miles worst than Forza Motorsport 5 for Xbox One.
It is not just that... the game is several step backs compared with previous entries... and doesn't look as good as GT7 on PS5.

I have no ideia what happened but I can only shot that Gamepass happened and it is will be an AA game from now.

Last edited:

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
So Gran T is basically thriving?
This is just one mode (that is measurable on the leaderboards) and it doesn't even account those that failed. If you look at the Daytona trial compared to it's previous year (different lay-out) it basically doubled in it's peak. The majority probably don't play competitive modes/online as well.. Kaz hasn't given concrete numbers unfortunately just it has high active users and it doubles on updates last year.

If you look at Forza numbers on Steam.. the competition is basically no competition. It's a shame I was hoping Forza would deliver just for that competition to push each other to excellence, getting outclassed by a cross-gen title as next-gen only.. is a testament to Polyphony's class.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Side note...

After 10 updates I believe they tried to fix the AI issues (now at least it is playable even if still bad lol) and added content.
But the core issues are still there.

The base of the game is the biggest issue and maybe unfixable without having to rebuild from the ground the game.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Man the AI in FM8 is like phil spencer and still to this day the game is buggy as hell

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well I think the biggest issue is because they tried to rebuild it :D
They had before a very solid core engine... now they lost that.
So I think they need to rebuild again to fix things :D

When I say rebuild is to work in the core engine again... but that is probably for a new FM game and not the one already launched.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Man the AI in FM8 is like phil spencer and still to this day the game is buggy as hell

I remember the old days when Xbox fans would brag about the AI in FM being much better than GT.

Apparently, xbox fans intelligence and FMs AI both substantially degraded over the years.

• haha
Reactions: 2spooky5me

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I just don't see a way forward for Turn 10 and Forza Motorsport.

If you're Microsoft what makes you think that a Forza Motorsport 2 will be a worthwhile investment?

I wouldn't even bother porting this to PS5. Turn 10 is almost certainly getting shuttered and then Microsoft has to decide whether to make another Motorsport or just focus on Horizon.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I just don't see a way forward for Turn 10 and Forza Motorsport.

If you're Microsoft what makes you think that a Forza Motorsport 2 will be a worthwhile investment?

I wouldn't even bother porting this to PS5. Turn 10 is almost certainly getting shuttered and then Microsoft has to decide whether to make another Motorsport or just focus on Horizon.
I believe they already decided to focus on Horizon years ago... to be fair since 2020.