Within less than a year Forza Motorsport lobby seems to be dead

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
They are spending a lot of money on astroturfers for this game. Huge threads on Era and Gaf and we know it's fake because nobody plays this game.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I’m wondering how they went on hiatus for years only to release a game worse than its predecessors. Something must’ve went wrong at Turn 10, they used to be on par with GT but that seems squandered now

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I don't get it. Don't they see while development that their previous game is clearly better? Why bother?

When you hire different contractors for each iteration of a game, they may not care about the quality of the previous work because they didn't do it. Their focus is on finishing their work quickly to move on to the next project.

• they're_right_you_know

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Dramatic numbers despite being on Game Pass & PC. Doesn't help that the game launched completely broken on PC and underdelivered in every aspect and is bare-bones on content as well. The side-effect from GP is that the barrier of entry is lower and the ''non-Racers'' come in and ruin/troll online races playing it like it's Burn Out or Forza Horizon. Chris Esaki and his team with their pre-release marketing pff their lies and fraudery simply caught up.
They had 7 years to build this and it's an absolute embarrassment, so badly people are migrating there to GT7.

updated-weekly-active-time-trial-participants-totals-gt7-v0-y9qmme6fdxad1.png

To give an idea; individuals that have completed a lap in the Time Trials Events (wo penalty/violation).
Meanwhile in Steam...
image.png

Why on god's green earth would they port to PS 5 when we have GT 7 unless they want a never ending stream of memes
They may want to get back part of the many millions they lost with the game, and may think that part of those who buy GT may also buy this.

Last edited:

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Dramatic numbers despite being on Game Pass & PC. Doesn't help that the game launched completely broken on PC and underdelivered in every aspect and is bare-bones on content as well. The side-effect from GP is that the barrier of entry is lower and the ''non-Racers'' come in and ruin/troll online races playing it like it's Burn Out or Forza Horizon. Chris Esaki and his team with their pre-release marketing pff their lies and fraudery simply caught up.
They had 7 years to build this and it's an absolute embarrassment, so badly people are migrating there to GT7.

updated-weekly-active-time-trial-participants-totals-gt7-v0-y9qmme6fdxad1.png

To give an idea; individuals that have completed a lap in the Time Trials Events (wo penalty/violation).

First time seeing this. From where is that? Kudosprime?

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
Dogshit game has dogshit playercounts and dogshit reception

Turn 10 is probably the biggest testament to MS's inability to foster talent and their absolute nearsightedness

Would rather contract workers and result in a buggy game than actually hire people and get a quality product. They'll never compete with Sony if this is their mentality to everything

• they're_right_you_know

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I don't get it. Don't they see while development that their previous game is clearly better? Why bother?

I’m wondering how they went on hiatus for years only to release a game worse than its predecessors. Something must’ve went wrong at Turn 10, they used to be on par with GT but that seems squandered now

When you start a game from scratch with a new engine and all new assets, it takes a long time to build that foundation.

Polyphony Digital was in a similar situation multiple times who struggled balancing the non HD cars with HD cars.

With GT7, Polyphony Digital built off of GT Sport. Turn 10 made a whole new game from scratch in a similar time frame.

Probably unrealistic to think that Forza was going to be as good.

The question is whether Microsoft somehow thinks there is a foundation to build on in Forza Motorsport and whether it is worth building on. It's already a tough market to be in and while they were historically a giant in the market, there is way more competition now that all kind of does a better job standing out.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
This thread is very negative and is killing my vibes. I needs to be hidden away.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
When you hire different contractors for each iteration of a game, they may not care about the quality of the previous work because they didn't do it. Their focus is on finishing their work quickly to move on to the next project.
MS isn't going anywhere with this type of strategy. I suspect their games will only become more stale from here if they keep that up.

Reactions: Entropi

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I
Dogshit game has dogshit playercounts and dogshit reception

Turn 10 is probably the biggest testament to MS's inability to foster talent and their absolute nearsightedness

Would rather contract workers and result in a buggy game than actually hire people and get a quality product. They'll never compete with Sony if this is their mentality to everything
I mean ... Ms is a dog shit company overall so no surprises