Woke videogame Dustborn has a quick time event to label people as racist

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Brah this game is not worth putting this much effort, No need to give them publicity. The best thing that can happen is these devs join their brethren on the streets of portland where they belong

OP
OP
Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Brah this game is not worth putting this much effort, No need to give them publicity. The best thing that can happen is these devs join their brethren on the streets of portland where they belong
Nah even on smaller AA game landscape we cant let these people get away with implicit racist song and others

Cos this is how exactly they slowly grow and become bigger, recruited/promoted and gained more influence on bigger publishers , because us people keep ignore/bats an eye on these stuff

When you give a pass on these stuff and wait until these guys slide in into bigger studio like Sony Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Guerella, Insomniac, Square Enix, EA etc and when you realize its too late

Last edited:
Reactions: toadsage44

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
This game industry is so cooked lol I’m a very tolerant person but good lord is getting harder to defend this kinda stuff 😭

Reactions: toadsage44

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
@Sircaw petition to integrate this functionality into the forum, itd be a fun mini game lmao

Sponsored by @JAHGamer

Honestly some of these social options(cancelling, bullying, trigger etc...) would be great in some sort of High School JRPG type shit.

Epic combat talk no jutsu instead of swinging umbrellas or whatever. It'd be dank memes.
Kind of a more eleborate Persona weakness system when you talk to monsters or similar stuff in some others.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
There has to be a time when these people sit around a table and say, fuck me, our game is absolute dog shit!

Reactions: Zzero

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I looked at some gameplay clips doing the rounds on youtube and based on that alone it is one of those games in which you would want the so called "bad guys" to win lol

Reactions: Sircaw

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
Man, this game has all the tropes. All it needs is mash X to call a person Hitler.

9 May 2024
It is full of propaganda. This is the game where the good guys grow opium as medicine.

Its okay to murder someone because they were a cop.

Last edited:
  • Surprised
  • haha
Reactions: Zzero and Airbus
OP
OP
Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Bro if you're gonna pull tweets dogging on Failborn try avoiding people equating immigration to ethnic cleansing WTF 🤦‍♂️
Whataboutism / moving goalpost from this thread

What those other people do or say on another topic has nothing to do with this game

Im not sayin if anyone committing crimes or hate speech on another place are ok or should be allowed but you should focus on the main topic here

24 Jun 2022
Whataboutism / moving goalpost from this thread

What those other people do or say on another topic has nothing to do with this game

Im not sayin if anyone committing crimes or hate speech on another place are ok or should be allowed but you should focus on the main topic here

It's not really whataboutism since I generally agree this game is rather bad and earned its failure.

I just choose not to associate with folks who hold very extremist views just because we both might think a given game is trash. Hence me noticing that specific Twitter account. Point still gets across with the others anyhow.

Just my opinion, that's all.

Reactions: Zzero