Woke videogame Dustborn has a quick time event to label people as racist

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't know, but I have the feeling that the majority of people working in game development in the west are already extremely woke.
Good that we have Chinese communists making good games 🤭

Reactions: Zzero

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
So, this game is about role-playing as a gigantic douchebag? What is the appeal?

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Gotta appreciate how they preface with “high-budget”.

More accurately, this is a nothing game you found to farm likes from easily triggered psychopaths.

OP
OP
Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Gotta appreciate how they preface with “high-budget”.

More accurately, this is a nothing game you found to farm likes from easily triggered psychopaths.
Many people in here still underestimate these group

They got their grip on Bandai Namco now

OP
OP
Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
OP
OP
Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022

>Dustborn character abilities :

CANCEL : cancel will allow us to isolate people from their friends and compatriot. In battle this can be a useful tools against enemies

BULLY : bully gives us the power to force people to do things they may not want to do or force them to feels bad about themselves. In battle this could be highly efective in targeted enemies

NORMALIZE : normalize gives us the ability to make people think certain behavior or feelings are normal...but im not sure it will do much for us in a fight

DISCORD : discord gives us the ability to turn people against each other. This could be useful both when were talking to people..and when were fighting enemies...

>One of the character can temporarily acess white male privelege and escape from the duration of effect. Railroad Whitey -this ability lets you shift consequence for any criminal activity you have participate in to any cis white male

> your character being rude to AI robot for uncertain reason ( a representation of game developer hating AI taking out their jobs? Who knows)

>the game has a theme song for replacing and killing an entire race of people. Heres the lyrics :

"Were the aliens"

"Were the refugees"

"We walks among you"

"Were right behind you"

"Your time is past"

" Your kind wont last"

> theres a sequence in the game where your friend applauded you if kills a cop

> its a government funded game aka being made by taxpayer money. Not sure if they aproved this.

< IGN gave it a 7 btw

This is what they have to say about it :

"Have some patience and this punk comic book caper will win you over with its weirdos."

What on earth happened to games these days

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Look the game's shit but....you really spend more time talking about games than playing them.

If I think a game's trash, I say as such and move on. Some of you though? Almost feels like you obsess attacking a game just to make up for secretly loving it and being ashamed of that, or something 🤣

OP
OP
Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Look the game's shit but....you really spend more time talking about games than playing them.

If I think a game's trash, I say as such and move on. Some of you though? Almost feels like you obsess attacking a game just to make up for secretly loving it and being ashamed of that, or something 🤣
Another whataboutism/divertion tactics instead of adressing the issue we attack the people exposing this game in which with this strategy it will divert people attention away from the subject ( a reverse psychology tactics of painting the bad guy look good and turns the wistleblower into the villain)

Reactions: Vertigo

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I have merged the new Dustborn thread you made into this one.

Please, in the future, use this as the primary thread if you link to more articles for it.