Wolfeye Studios (Arkane Founder New RPG) shares first look at in-development retro sci-fi first-person action RPG

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Dishonored is not an FPS. FPS games are those primarily designed around shooting people with guns in a first person perspective. That's not the primary design of Dishonored.

Now that that's settled, this looks phenomenal and "fallout meets Dishonored" hits all the right notes for me. Day 1
But Dishonored IS designed around shooting people with guns (and bows) in a first person perspective...It's an "imsim" aka immersive sim...meaning you can play how you wish, so it was designed with several different playstyles in mind. Shooty shoot is one of em.

I would if i was wrong.
Desperate is you, as we apply your logic to other games and games like Souls games or fighters becomes shooters.
Nowhere in PSN, Steam or wiki, the game genre is called a shooter.
It was actually is good test, to show, how disangenious you are, even when you are wrong, you double down on it, instead of saying that you made a mistake.
What am I wrong about? The game isn't 3rd person? And the game has guns/bows (ranged weapons that you SHOOT with). So it fits all criteria of a First Person Shooter....

first person ..... ew, I always feel first person is for devs to save on animation costs xD
No, some games are just better because they're in 1st person. Dishonored in 3rd person wouldn't be half as good and it'd feel generic.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
But Dishonored IS designed around shooting people with guns (and bows) in a first person perspective...It's an "imsim" aka immersive sim...meaning you can play how you wish, so it was designed with several different playstyles in mind. Shooty shoot is one of em.
No, it's primarily designed around stealth, like Thief. Which is also not an FPS.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I would if i was wrong.
Desperate is you, as we apply your logic to other games and games like Souls games or fighters becomes shooters.
Nowhere in PSN, Steam or wiki, the game genre is called a shooter.
It was actually is good test, to show, how disangenious you are, even when you are wrong, you double down on it, instead of saying that you made a mistake.

Dishonored is a 2012 action-adventure game developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. Set in the fictional, plague-ridden industrial city of Dunwall, Dishonored follows the story of Corvo Attano, bodyguard to the Empress of the Isles. Wikipedia
Developer: Arkane Studios
Initial release date: 8 October 2012

Genres: Stealth game, Action-adventure game, Fighting game, Action role-playing game, Adventure

————————-

Deathloop is a first-person shooter immersive sim[1] video game developed by Arkane Lyon and published by Bethesda Softworks. The game was released on 14 September 2021 for PlayStation 5 and Windows, and on 20 September 2022 for Xbox Series X/S. It received generally favorable reviews from critics, who praised the art design and gameplay. Deathloop won Best Game Direction and Best Art Direction at The Game Awards 2021, as well as Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction at the 25th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards.

Genre(s) First-person shooter

I wouldnt class Dishonoured as a FPS. DeathLoop yes. I remember my brother buying Dishonoured for me for my bday. Enjoyable
But I guess for the people who played it like that, it could work for them

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
No, it's primarily designed around stealth, like Thief. Which is also not an FPS.
Dishonored is a 2012 action-adventure game developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. Set in the fictional, plague-ridden industrial city of Dunwall, Dishonored follows the story of Corvo Attano, bodyguard to the Empress of the Isles. Wikipedia

Genres: Stealth game, Action-adventure game, Fighting game, Action role-playing game, Adventure

————————-

Deathloop is a first-person shooter immersive sim[1] video game developed by Arkane Lyon and published by Bethesda Softworks. The game was released on 14 September 2021 for PlayStation 5 and Windows, and on 20 September 2022 for Xbox Series X/S. It received generally favorable reviews from critics, who praised the art design and gameplay. Deathloop won Best Game Direction and Best Art Direction at The Game Awards 2021, as well as Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction at the 25th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards.

Genre(s) First-person shooter

I wouldnt class Dishonoured as a FPS. DeathLoop yes. I remember my brother buying Dishonoured for me for my bday. Enjoyable
It's an FPS game, case closed.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
The genre wars are eternal. Anyhow, I see they've got ambitions but are still looking for a publisher to be able to bring their vision into reality, so I'm not going to hold my breath on this.
Immersive Sims is a mostly cursed genre when it comes to the financial aspect of things.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
You lost this one ages ago, buddy. Don't mention it again. Dishonored is not an FPS. End of story.
you guys lost.... the game is in a first person perspective and shooting is a prominent aspect of the game. It's by definition an FPS game, you guys can contort yourselves all you wish but facts are facts.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

• they're_right_you_know