Wolverine leaked trailer. Enter at your own risk alot of spoilers. |Updated Leaks|.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Wolverine should drive a car or a bike, him walking around like that if goofy as hell.

An open world Wolverine game is a pretty stupid concept, he is not Spider-man.
I dont think its an open world game. But yeah a motorcycle if it has open world

• Informative
Reactions: Nhomnhom

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
We're still far from this game's release date and this could be a very early build where Insomniac just switched Spider Man's model with Wolverine's to test traversal.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Also please dont judge games on Alpha builds. No game you loved looked good in early stages or maybe even mid stage
Exactly! And Wolverine isn't immune to fall damage either way? So I don't even understand that comment. It clearly shows he has regenerative health and he heals back pretty quickly

24 Jun 2022
I wonder if SIE will remember console owners exist and have Insomniac put together a (polished) Wolverine demo for PS5 players this holiday season.

Or is it just gonna be more ignoring the screwy optics at hand here, usual suspects chiming in to say Sony don't need to do anything because of record sales & profits (as if that has any correlation or relevance to what I just suggested 🤣)

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
First let Xbox Studios give u something less mid and broken before u try to insult a studio ten times better that those useless xbox studios
Actually at first look I thought It was an Xbox Game Studios new title, but then I reminded myself that Insomniac is making mid marvel movie tie-ins now.
What a fall of once a great studio.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I wonder if SIE will remember console owners exist and have Insomniac put together a (polished) Wolverine demo for PS5 players this holiday season.

Or is it just gonna be more ignoring the screwy optics at hand here, usual suspects chiming in to say Sony don't need to do anything because of record sales & profits (as if that has any correlation or relevance to what I just suggested 🤣)
Making a demo before they are even prepared to fully reintroduce the game is just a recipe for disaster tho? It's not easy to make a demo for game that isn't in the final stretch of development. This is just a very unrealistic expectation. It's not Sony's fault the game got leaked.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

Lmao, odds are near zero. They don't care about how console players feel, "pay your online subscrption and be quiet", that is their attitude.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
With Insomniac being a part of Sony now, it's technically Sony's fault that the game got leaked.
It's also their fault that they are developing it in parallel with the PC version, leading to a running build within days of the leak.
How is it their fault they got hacked? So many pubs got hacked in recent months. It's nobody's fault but the hackers because Sony didn't allow them to extort and shake them down for money... Which was the correct move.

Reactions: Bryank75
24 Jun 2022
Making a demo before they are even prepared to fully reintroduce the game is just a recipe for disaster tho? It's not easy to make a demo for game that isn't in the final stretch of development. This is just a very unrealistic expectation. It's not Sony's fault the game got leaked.

Hey, look, that's not my problem. And these are professional dev teams; they've done this stuff for decades I don't see why it'd suddenly be a problem now. They have a Showcase coming in the Fall (supposedly), right? Re-introduce Wolverine there. Then announce a demo for PS5 owners to come during the holidays.

Yes it's not Sony's fault the game leaked. That said, they have to know what the optics look like that one of the biggest upcoming games is freely available for people to play on a secondary platform in their growing ecosystem (albeit a rough early build), but no option for it playable in any form on their main console as of yet. This situation also doesn't do Sony any favors in controlling optics & messaging around the game or their platform in relation to it.

Wolverine isn't even due until 2026; a small demo of a portion of content to PS5 owners as a "thank you for your support" over the holidays would be a good faith showing & also reign in optics/messaging around the game (which would also help reign in optics surrounding their own platform, if you're wondering what all these PC ports and stuff like LEGO Horizon going to Switch are making people start to ask). I don't care if it's extra work for Insomniac & Sony; sometimes fixing things up requires unforeseen work to be put aside for it, but ultimately is worth doing.

Lmao, odds are near zero. They don't care about how console players feel, "pay your online subscrption and be quiet", that is their attitude.

Sadly you might be right. They'll probably just continue to act like nothing happened and ignore the weird optics around the situation that are compounding on other optics like their multiplat strategy for PC and, now, even platforms like Switch with LEGO Horizon.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Actually at first look I thought It was an Xbox Game Studios new title, but then I reminded myself that Insomniac is making mid marvel movie tie-ins now.
What a fall of once a great studio.
Insomniac always made mainstream games and platformers like Ratchet and Spyro. Spider-Man is a direct evolution of that.

Reactions: Danja1187

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Hey, look, that's not my problem. And these are professional dev teams; they've done this stuff for decades I don't see why it'd suddenly be a problem now. They have a Showcase coming in the Fall (supposedly), right? Re-introduce Wolverine there. Then announce a demo for PS5 owners to come during the holidays.

Yes it's not Sony's fault the game leaked. That said, they have to know what the optics look like that one of the biggest upcoming games is freely available for people to play on a secondary platform in their growing ecosystem (albeit a rough early build), but no option for it playable in any form on their main console as of yet. This situation also doesn't do Sony any favors in controlling optics & messaging around the game or their platform in relation to it.

Wolverine isn't even due until 2026; a small demo of a portion of content to PS5 owners as a "thank you for your support" over the holidays would be a good faith showing & also reign in optics/messaging around the game (which would also help reign in optics surrounding their own platform, if you're wondering what all these PC ports and stuff like LEGO Horizon going to Switch are making people start to ask). I don't care if it's extra work for Insomniac & Sony; sometimes fixing things up requires unforeseen work to be put aside for it, but ultimately is worth doing.
I normally agree with you but not on this one. Sorry making a demo from a game that's not close to finish requires a lot of dev time and Q&A and assets that aren't close to being finished. Devs use to complain about this during the E3 days.

I don't see why it is Sony's job to pacify entitlement or the fact there are people out there who downloaded an unfinished stolen property. If they wanna ruin their experience then so be it.

I promise you most people don't care about the leaks nor are paying attention to the fact PC games are playing a Block Mesh Alpha version of Wolverine.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Im sure the game will look nothing like that. That thing looks like a GTAV mod.
It wont. But most of the gameplay elements will be kept the same.
There is no point in fully implementing a complicated feature, If they plan to get rid of It later on.

24 Jun 2022
I normally agree with you but not on this one. Sorry making a demo from a game that's not close to finish requires a lot of dev time and Q&A and assets that aren't close to being finished. Devs use to complain about this during the E3 days.

Of course they did, because it usually meant more work. But here's the thing: this is an industry and gamers are the customers. Sometimes you have to put in extra on a job, extra you otherwise might not have wanted to do. But sometimes it's worth it, and I think demos are a case where it can definitely be worth it for customers, just as they were back during E3.

If the devs are getting paid for the time out to build a demo, I don't see any issue. Heck, Wolverine is already coming out later than it would've otherwise because of PC simultaneous development. What's a few months to make a small demo for your main customer base going to really affect in the grand scheme on top of that, which would be a negative?

Outside of more dev time of course but, again, this is a late 2026 game seemingly anyway. If they still want to hit that date and make a demo on top of that, crunch may be needed. Just incentivize the crunch (fair pay, perks etc.) and make most of it opt-in. That way it's fair.

I don't see why it is Sony's job to pacify entitlement or the fact there are people out there who downloaded an unfinished stolen property. If they wanna ruin their experience then so be it.

Why is it entitlement of would-be customers with PS5s who may already be feeling weary on their investment due to other strategies from SIE, and would be reassured in a nice little demo of an upcoming 1P AAA game they could be deciding between buying Day 1 or just waiting for an inevitable PC port to Steam?

Or, those who weren't too high on Spiderman 2 and might be reserving wanting to buy Wolverine at all?

I promise you most people don't care about the leaks nor are paying attention to the fact PC games are playing a Block Mesh Alpha version of Wolverine.

Most people aren't, but at least a few of the most important people are. You know, the diehards who are super-into these kind of games, super-into SIE 1P titles, and the such. The ones who'd set the sales pace for future sales of the game after launch period or so.