Wolverine leaked trailer, probably fan made from leaked footage. Enter at your own risk alot of spoilers. |UP| Not fanmade, most likely legit.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Update...

Video was removed but I have added it again..

Seems to be legit from a dev PowerPoint presentation leak, something they were creating/messing with. That's according to others of course..

1708874227915.png

In the powerpoint slide above the Control one, they seem to have listed some other games as inspiration for the different game elements. Looks like GOW's combat and Uncharted's setpieces.

But what's the most interesting to me is it has AC Unity there as inspiration for traversal. A lot of people love AC Unity's parkour for what it looks like and how good it can feel when it's working. Of course, just as many people complain about it being too janky and inconsistent to be as engaging as it's flashy presentation implies.

If Wolverine can capture that flow that Unity has in its traversal, but be more focused and polished, I think Wolverine might end up being surprisingly impressive with its traversal. Well maybe not too surprising given Spiderman has an excellent traversal system.

Do any of the other leaks detail traversal in much more detail?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This looks pretty rough but good for alpha footage.

Last edited:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
fan made from the alpha because it looks kinda bad.
What a shame for insomniac

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
fan made from the alpha because it looks kinda bad.
What a shame for insomniac
Some heavy spoilers in there too ughh. Thts the reason some companies also don't send review codes out early due to spoilers.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
This looks pretty rough but good for alpha footage.
Why would they make a trailer in alpha footage?
The gameplay leaked we saw wasn't in alpha stage, they were vertical slices.

Alpha stage is when a game is in production and they have most features and content implemented, and even in a rough state and with many placeholders and bugs it's fully playable from beggining to end.

What we saw were two WIP vertical slices. Vertical slice is when in pre-production, before start to make the whole game, after some prototypes they make a small portion of the game showing all the main features and mechanics there, artstyle, visual quality, tech ech with how they hope the game will look.

It is made to see if the game concept, artstyle, animation, tone and style, game design, main mechanics etc. (things previously prototyped separatedly) work when put together and if their idea for the game will work, and to have some reference for the rest of the team of how the rest of the game should be or look. Quite often it gets iterated tweaking or improving stuff before approved. In the past, it was pretty common to use vertical slice portions for the E3/ reveal trailers.

The two vertical slices we saw wher still in a WIP rough state, they normally look much better, they aim to look like a finished game, how the final game will look.

The visuals are things that will evolve and change. What you should look like there in this case if you see potential in these game mechanics, being an adaptation if it feels like a Wolverine game, if the fans of the brand would like it, if you see it can be expanded to a full game, etc.

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
The gameplay leaked we saw wasn't in alpha stage, they were vertical slices.

Alpha stage is when a game is in production and they have most features and content implemented, and even in a rough state and with many placeholders and bugs it's fully playable from beggining to end.

What we saw were two WIP vertical slices. Vertical slice is when in pre-production, before start to make the whole game, after some prototypes they make a small portion of the game showing all the main features and mechanics there, artstyle, visual quality, tech ech with how they hope the game will look.

It is made to see if the game concept, artstyle, animation, tone and style, game design, main mechanics etc. (things previously prototyped separatedly) work when put together and if their idea for the game will work, and to have some reference for the rest of the team of how the rest of the game should be or look. Quite often it gets iterated tweaking or improving stuff before approved. In the past, it was pretty common to use vertical slice portions for the E3/ reveal trailers.

The two vertical slices we saw wher still in a WIP rough state, they normally look much better, they aim to look like a finished game, how the final game will look.

The visuals are things that will evolve and change. What you should look like there in this case if you see potential in these game mechanics, being an adaptation if it feels like a Wolverine game, if the fans of the brand would like it, if you see it can be expanded to a full game, etc.
Why the fuck you include me? I was asking why a TRAILER HAS ALPHA FOOTAGE. Thia isn't a trailer concept, its a trailer. Why tf is there alpha gameplay in it?

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Why the fuck you include me? I was asking why a TRAILER HAS ALPHA FOOTAGE. Thia isn't a trailer concept, its a trailer. Why tf is there alpha gameplay in it?
Arnold Schwarzenegger Movie GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
To explain you that the leaked footage wasn't alpha, but a WIP vertical slice instead. Also explained why it looks rough.

It isn't a leaked trailer, it's a fan made video using portions of footage of that vertical slice. Insomniac wouldn't release a trailer that woud look like this. Plus they'd include the logos, copyright text, etc.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Not crazy about how the costume and Logan himself are designed. It’s faithful but the art direction and realistic presentation isn’t really working for me. To some extent I wish this did some comic book cel shading gimmick and was less Jackman more Wolverine.