World of Warcraft vice president says "the dream remains" to bring the MMO to Xbox

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
JSMXPcpUQj9wMdk68ar4iA-970-80.jpg.webp

Speaking at a press event for World of Warcraft's upcoming The War Within expansion, GamesRadar+ asked Holly Longdale whether conversations have been given room to occur about WoW ending up on consoles now that the dust has settled regarding Microsoft's Activision Blizzard purchase.

"The dream remains," she says. "We're so focused on delivering what's on our slate for players and our expansions. There's honestly no room for that conversation yet. But you know, the dream is real."

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I assume MS will want to maxime all the revenue Blizzard can make. A good option would be to port WoW, WoW Classic, Heartstone and if continues alive Heroes of the Storm (plus a Starcraft 2 remaster) to PS+Xbox console+Nintendo+Steam, all of them supporting optional keyboard and mouse supprot. Maybe even Diablo Immortal and Warcraft Rumble too.

Not because of the potential money they could do on Xbox, but for the potential money they could do in the other platforms. They also should work on multiplatform (including mobile and console, both with optional keyboard and mouse support) Starcraft 3 and the next Warcaft RTS game to be released somewhere in the future after these ports. Both also targeting both GaaS and eSports.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I played alot of World of Warcraft ran a successful guild that did some pretty amazing things like killing Lady Vashj before her nerfs, six weeks of dying hell.

But i do wonder how a controller would work in this situation, there are just so many spells.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Wow was good back in 2005. To me expansions killed the game pretty fast, they just didn't know how to handle them without rendering all previous content meaningless.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
I have always wanted WOW on console but still sounds like a dream.