Would you have picked up Red Dead Redemption on PS4/5 if it were 60fps, but are opting out due to 30?

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
As the title says, Would you have picked up Red Dead Redemption on PS4/5 if it were 60fps, but are opting out due to 30?

Just curious on the opinions. I myself certainly would, but have no interest otherwise. 🙇🏼

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Yes, the fact it didn't have 60 fps was the killing blow for the purchase for me.

They had raytracing updates and everything for GTAV, so I expected 60fps or more at the minimum.

Reactions: Shmunter

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
No,

I already played the game back on the PS3.

It might be worth it for people who never got to play it, but the lack of any improvements and the multiplayer removal makes it a bad deal.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Despite my love for the game - At that price, for a re-release, with no FPS improvement - hell no.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don't like the series that much to be fair.
Found it too boring.
So no option could change that I guess.

Before people says I'm crazy Sony fanbody... the same works can be apllied to Spider-man... so I won't even bother with Spider-man 2.

But in a hypotetical scenario if I played the game on PS3 this new release won't make me play it again... it is the same game that I already experienced even if 60fps it will be the same experience... it is the same reason I don't appeal with TLOU Part 1 because it is exactly the same expereince you had with PS3 or PS4 remastered with some new bells and wishes.

It is only good for people that never played these games.
For these that already played them it is better to move to something new (that is the reason I don't bother with BC or old games... I have limited time to play games and I prefer to enjoy new games releases so I follow the release schedule of the game I want to play... yes I can't play everything... in fact not even all marjor releases so I select these that are good to me).

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
30fps will be the norm for true next-gen games*.

*All 30fps games released on next-gen games look two generation behind.

• haha

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I'll answer the actual question:
I'm not that interested in Red Ded redemption, but given how low effort the port is I would probably skip it anyway. Even Sony'l lowest efforts "remasters" give a resolution\frame rate boost (Uncharted collection, GoW 3, etc.)

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Was not interested in playing it again, but if it had 60 fps I could see buying it on sale down the road. 30 fps means I will not buy it ever.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yeah I was excited for RDR1 at 60fps. Would of bought it at launch. But hell no at 30fps

Same for GTA 4 and RDR2 ports if they ever happen. Zero chance of buying them at 30fps. 60FPS = day 1

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Yeah I was excited for RDR1 at 60fps. Would of bought it at launch. But hell no at 30fps

Same for GTA 4 and RDR2 ports if they ever happen. Zero chance of buying them at 30fps. 60FPS = day 1
GTA IV at 60fps broke a lot of machenics and even a few missions.

I think it would better if they locked it at 30fps and sell it for 30 bucks

• Shake

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Nope, $50 is a joke even if it was 60fps. RE4 and Dead Space remake are $60 and took 1000x more work. They have no shame charging $50, I wouldn’t pay more than $20
Hey there is Pikmin 3 on Switch for £50, which was worse than the Wii U version which i bought at launch for £34.99…. pretty bad of Nintendo

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

Don't reward them with £40 for re releasing a 10+ year old game on new hardware with a bumped framerate , they're greedy , they could've done a 60fps patch for GTA 5 on PS4 pro & Xbox X but chose to charge for the game again instead

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
GTA IV at 60fps broke a lot of machenics and even a few missions.

I think it would better if they locked it at 30fps and sell it for 30 bucks
I want a re release of GTA 4 cause I refuse to use my Xbox after Microsoft trying to destroy the industry but I'd definitely like some improvements I'd be willing to pay full price if they increased the framerate the draw distance the resolution & added dualsense features

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Hey there is Pikmin 3 on Switch for £50, which was worse than the Wii U version which i bought at launch for £34.99…. pretty bad of Nintendo
That's not a straight port tho, its called "Pikmin 3 Deluxe" for a reason. It has more content, more modes, runs better, and IS PORTABLE. This is apples to orange comparison, also it's Nintendo, the Nintendo tax is to be expected. Rockstar released GTA 5 remaster for PS5 with ray tracing and 60fps and that was TWENTY BUCKS. So a simple port with zero enhancements at $50 is even more asinine.