WSJ: PC-Gaming is struggling with falling global sales

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
As I said after sitting on a chair staring at a laptop and my workstation for 8 hrs I don't want go and do it again at home in front of the pc again. PC seems popular because of the rise of the useless streamers and youtubers with their fanbase of teenagers who watch them for hours upon hours everyday instead of studying math, physics and chemistry.

With the way PC folks behave you would think that there is 200-300 million strong userbase that has 4080/4090's

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Hmm so PC is dying?

Well, looks like the consensus here was incredibly wrong. 20/26 votes were dead fucking wrong, in fact.

Congrats to @Bryank75, @Gods&Monsters, @Gediminas, @Muddasar, @Diah, and to me for correctly predicting the decline of PC.

Not only does traditional PC gaming have no future, it seems like the entire platform is on the decline.

2 Jun 2024
Nintendo and Sony single handedly saving gaming no one wants to deal with the headache of building a PC just plug a console in and play after updating the game of course and Best thing for parents to get there kids when going in the store asking for something little Timmy who wants to play them video games and they show them the consoles section PC ain't accessible for everyday people that's hard facts

Last edited:

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
interesting how consoles are rising in game sales even after the pandemic ended
I don't think it's interesting at all if you put your mind to it, Console is more accessible for current day games compared to PC, but PC is and will always be where the best of the best performance and looks are. (Unless the developer is a bad porter, example, when TloU 1 came to PC)

But Console is the more likely choice for parents to buy their children, and also the more likely choice for people who don't want to have to maintain their system.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024

I hate this disingenuous comparison with a passion tbh, Banana was a free game that you could make actual IRL money off of because it was like cookie clicker, but with inventory items (like NFTs, in this instance) and you could sell them to others.

Most of the people on Banana were running autoclickers with multiple accounts, this was not people playing it actively.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't think it's interesting at all if you put your mind to it, Console is more accessible for current day games compared to PC, but PC is and will always be where the best of the best performance and looks are. (Unless the developer is a bad porter, example, when TloU 1 came to PC)

But Console is the more likely choice for parents to buy their children, and also the more likely choice for people who don't want to have to maintain their system.
It might be common sense but that's not what we were told. Supposedly PC keeps growing and growing because of these greasy streamers. Kids are abandoning their console to be like that homeless-looking guy on Twitch.

Consoles are stagnating, declining, no growth. Mat has a graph. This is the last gen. Impending demise for Sony. They need PC. It's over.

Then we have the numbers and 🤡

You have to wonder how come that narrative is so strong.

Last edited:

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I hate this disingenuous comparison with a passion tbh, Banana was a free game that you could make actual IRL money off of because it was like cookie clicker, but with inventory items (like NFTs, in this instance) and you could sell them to others.

Most of the people on Banana were running autoclickers with multiple accounts, this was not people playing it actively.
Yeah we know Steam MAU numbers are fake

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
It might be common sense but that's not what we were told. Supposedly PC keeps growing and growing because of these greasy streamers. Kids are abandoning their console to be like that homeless-looking guy on Twitch.

Consoles are stagnating, declining, no growth. Mat has a graph. This is the last gen. Impedendig demise for Sony. They need PC. It's over.

I'd have to read that article, but I am curious where the numbers seem to come from.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
You mentioned all the bots that steam has
I didn't say anything about bots, I said people were sitting there with multiple accounts and an autoclicker trying to get "the best" inventory item to them personally to sell it off, even though it was nothing but a free to play cryptobro's wet dream.

Reactions: Bryank75

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Consoles are stagnating, declining, no growth. Mat has a graph. This is the last gen. Impedendig demise for Sony. They need PC. It's over.

Chicago Fire Hug GIF by One Chicago

We survived the lies

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Oh wow that's awful. Too bad this doesn't change Sony's plans one bit. Actually you know what? They need day and date more than ever, it will help PC grow again!

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Oh wow that's awful. Too bad this doesn't change Sony's plans one bit. Actually you know what? They need day and date more than ever, it will help PC grow again!
Bets are still open, buddy. If you think it'll happen, put some money in my pocket now and if it happens in the future, I'll pay you double.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Bets are still open, buddy. If you think it'll happen, put some money in my pocket now and if it happens in the future, I'll pay you double.
This bet sounds great. I'm gonna send money to a complete stranger and maybe in 4 years he will pay me back. Yeah keep checking the mail, I'm gonna send it any second now.