WWE 2K24: Reveal and preview |OT| Updated 2/29/24

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

It looks like WWE 2K24 will be revealed next week on January 22, 2024, hinted at by the official WWE Games Twitter account with the first official look at the logo for WWE 2K24 and an updated bio that says “More to come 1.22.24.”

WWE 2K24 - "The Story's Not Finished" Announce Trailer | PS5 & PS4 Games​

WWE 2K24: The First Preview​

emoji:ps:

Last edited:
Reactions: pop

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Have bought the last two entries and yeah the gameplay has gone back on track to being good. However, I never could invest a lot of time into the games because Universe mode is still lacking so much features that fans are still asking for. Universe mode for 2k24 needs to take big leaps.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Have bought the last two entries and yeah the gameplay has gone back on track to being good. However, I never could invest a lot of time into the games because Universe mode is still lacking so much features that fans are still asking for. Universe mode for 2k24 needs to take big leaps.
Have the graphics advanced at all? Because last I saw not so much.

Reactions: kuzon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Look at them as I do guys, a content farm for various motions, themesongs, moves, caw pieces and match types / custom match rules.

Community Creations if not PC mods will carry us through. I fucking wish 2K would get a song + titantron / video scene pack store going alongside CC. That's how to increase player playtime and mtx. I'd buy Goldberg's WCW theme every year even when he's not in the game, so that I don't have to use some whack ass song for him. And the video scenes would help for universe mode/exhibition fooling around for youtube caw shows. I'd buy so many historic moments and insert other creations into the scenes.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Have the graphics advanced at all? Because last I saw not so much.
The graphics have been diminishing returns. WWE 2K is using the same engine as NBA 2K which explains why. This engine peaked so early last gen so cause of this there's only been little leap visually.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The graphics have been diminishing returns. WWE 2K is using the same engine as NBA 2K which explains why. This engine peaked so early last gen so cause of this there's only been little leap visually.
Thts what I figured, time for an overhaul. Thts why I don't buy MLB the show anymore.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022

Goddam fuck, that was an ASS trailer.
Did these chucklefucks actually cut from game footage into pseudo cgi/deepfake AI game model talking?

So far I'm just starting to take a look around, separate the announced news from the wishlists lol.

received_1726887844446305.jpeg

Ambulance match and more people in backstage brawls are good things. First time we've got an ambulance match outside of some slapass Nintendo DS implementation which was shit. Should the Gauntlet match allow us to select opponent pool (doubtful), I'll have a use for the match lol. Can't say I'd use Casket very much, but I'll use Guest Ref matches for sure. Hoping for more in-game refs news, or create a ref mode news some day lol.

Cautiously optimistic, but because THQ/2K are dirty assholes, I have to double-confirm these matches are just available to use in Exhibition Mode, and not a whack-ass Showcase exclusive match because it's not a real match but instead a play by numbers do this/do that goals match with "video-scenes" inserted (be they in-game cutscenes or real match footage). They've done that shit before now, several times.

kuzon

23 Jun 2023
Tbh I get them for the story modes usually when on sale for the complete edition. The John Cena and Rey mysterio story modes were good

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Tbh I get them for the story modes usually when on sale for the complete edition. The John Cena and Rey mysterio story modes were good
Go Away GIF

You like that paint by numbers "go here, do that, now do this" Showcase Mode "gameplay" with chopped-in match footage? Just load the matches up in exhibition and use created arenas.

Dev time wasted on Showcase, MyRise and MyFaction is why other stuff like UM never gets fixed, and other stuff doesn't get into the game.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I guess the cover is Cody’s participation trophy after being Lugered harder than anyone has ever been Lugered before.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Go Away GIF

You like that paint by numbers "go here, do that, now do this" Showcase Mode "gameplay" with chopped-in match footage? Just load the matches up in exhibition and use created arenas.

Dev time wasted on Showcase, MyRise and MyFaction is why other stuff like UM never gets fixed, and other stuff doesn't get into the game.
The in match footage of the Cena showcase from 2k23 was so off putting. No audio commentary from the footages all you get is background music. All the attention of the game needs to be put into Universe mode.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The in match footage of the Cena showcase from 2k23 was so off putting. No audio commentary from the footages all you get is background music. All the attention of the game needs to be put into Universe mode.
I use to really live Wrestling games I might pick this up because it's been years.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Will chk it out.
But it, and buy the Danhausen DLC, OR BE CURSED!

Seriously, Danhausen in Fight Forever is one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen in a wrestling game. When you have that DLC, sometimes when you go to get a weapon from under the ring and Danhausen comes out instead and curses you or your opponent.

Also, when playing as Danhausen, his curse is a taunt, and it can either harm your opponent, backfire and harm you, or do nothing. In a match I played with Danhausen vs Jon Moxley, I tried to curse Mox, only to have him shrug and proceed to kick my ass. It was glorious!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
But it, and buy the Danhausen DLC, OR BE CURSED!

Seriously, Danhausen in Fight Forever is one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen in a wrestling game. When you have that DLC, sometimes when you go to get a weapon from under the ring and Danhausen comes out instead and curses you or your opponent.

Also, when playing as Danhausen, his curse is a taunt, and it can either harm your opponent, backfire and harm you, or do nothing. In a match I played with Danhausen vs Jon Moxley, I tried to curse Mox, only to have him shrug and proceed to kick my ass. It was glorious!
Copy.