Xbox business Podcast Announced for February 15

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
There's already Xbox fanboys on reddit taking victory laps saying this this format means it's a nothingburger in terms of ports.
Being a podcast makes it pretty clear they'll only show up with mostly "bad news" for Xbox fans. They are probably going to be as indirect as possible as well.

I remember the first time it became clear to me Sony was going all in on PC ports was in a PlayStation podcast with Hermen Hulst.

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
Being a podcast makes it pretty clear they'll only show up with mostly "bad news" for Xbox fans.

I remember the first time it became clear to me Sony was going all in on PC ports was in a PlayStation podcast with Hermen Hulst.

Ehhh
It's a nothing burger.

It's a pod with Phil, Sarah and Booty. All this drama just for this?

They def changed their minds and will play it stupid.

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Ehhh
It's a nothing burger.

It's a pod with Phil, Sarah and Booty. All this drama just for this?

They def changed their minds and will play it stupid.
Only stupid people will fall for it, the ports will speak for themselves. Hi-fi Rush and SoT are already two unexpected ports and for some reason none of the Activision games made it to Gamepass.

It was during an interview that Phil Spencer introduced the idea that they don't believe making great games would ever allow them to beat their competitors, there is a lot of damage that could be done in a podcast.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
MS are not announcing any ports on the 15th. They will give vague information about the future of the business while smelling their own farts talking on how successful the Xbox brand is right now, for a full hour.

They need to appease the lunatics, they know this. The ports are coming though :)

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Clearly not, as they are not showing any new games. I was expecting a business presentation, not a podcast, which is the most informal format you can think of.

But then again, par for the course for Xbox.
Whatever m$ does, always apply low-medium tier effort at best. That's what expectations should be.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Being a podcast makes it pretty clear they'll only show up with mostly "bad news" for Xbox fans. They are probably going to be as indirect as possible as well.

Long form podcasts are the ideal format for PR messaging. Allows you to gently drop bad news through vague messaging and a long string of caveats and hedges. Also, you can have your PR and lawyers go through every second of the podcast before you drop it to protect yourself from any lawsuits.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Clearly not, as they are not showing any new games. I was expecting a business presentation, not a podcast, which is the most informal format you can think of.

But then again, par for the course for Xbox.

And what would they be doing in that presentation? Explaining Xbois through PowerPoints why and when they have to start shipping games on other platforms?

They get the three people that are the face of Xbox, put them in a podcast, which will have a video of course, and have them in a chill out context talking about how things are evolving for the brand. This way you don’t throw a party, or do a Super Bowl half time show for what is essentially news that people don’t want to really hear. By the time it’s over a lot of people will be like “After hearing them talk I have to agree, the more people play games the better for everyone”