Xbox Celebrates Mutant Nostalgia With Marvel Animation’s X-Men ‘97 Custom Comic Xbox Series X and Controllers (Sweepstake).

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

1713879555671.png

1713879590326.png

Calling all Xbox and X-Men enthusiasts! We’re ecstatic to announce an incredible collaboration between Xbox and Marvel Animation’s “X-Men ’97,” now streaming on Disney+. Prepare to immerse yourself in the world of mutants like never before.

Xbox and “X-Men ’97” have come together to bring you a very special Xbox Series X wrapped in a limited-edition comic inspired by the all-new series and created by Marvel writer Rich Douek and artist Paco Diaz. This thrilling 2-page story with full page cover is exclusive to the Xbox Series X, and features Cyclops leading the X-Men in a battle against Sentinels and Master Mold, with an Xbox Series X console making a special appearance in the Danger Room.

Marking the first time an Xbox Series X has been wrapped by a comic book, this collaboration promises to immerse fans in a nostalgic journey through the world of the “X-Men ’97.”

In addition, Xbox Design Lab created a set of controllers inspired by you the colorways of your favorite X-Men characters from the show: Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Morph, Magneto, Jubilee, Gambit, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Beast, and Bishop. Each character comes to life through unique controller designs, and comes in a 90’s inspired blister pack that makes for the ultimate collector item.

Fans eager to get their hands on the “X-Men ’97”-inspired Xbox Series X and one of the Xbox Design Lab character controllers will have the opportunity to enter the sweepstakes hosted on Xbox Twitter.

By following Xbox on X (formerly Twitter) and retweeting the official Xbox sweepstakes tweet ( #XMen97XboxSweepstakes) during the Entry Period, fans can secure their chance to win a Xbox Series X Console inspired by X-Men ’97, Xbox Wireless Controller (this comes with the console but will not be customized), and a Xbox Design Lab Controller inspired by X-Men ’97 Wolverine . The sweepstakes will run exclusively from Monday, April 22, 6:00am PST through Sunday, May 19, 8:00pm PST, offering participants ample time to join in on the excitement.

Get ready to unleash your mutant powers with this Xbox and “X-Men ‘97” team-up and don’t forget to catch the latest episodes of “X-Men ’97” on Disney+, available on your Xbox!

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: John Elden Ring

Rayman

Banned
19 Apr 2024
They've got more controllers than games. And then their fanboys wonder why the brand is dead.
This generation's Sony is no better than Microsoft because Microsoft and Sony have failed a lot. Microsoft and Sony would be wiser to announce new games, not to throw out nonsense that has nothing to do with games. The way it started, PlayStation will be as dead a brand as Xbox. The biggest culprits for what Microsoft and Sony are doing are Xbox and PlayStation fans who support every decision made by Microsoft and Sony.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
This generation's Sony is no better than Microsoft because Microsoft and Sony have failed a lot. Microsoft and Sony would be wiser to announce new games, not to throw out nonsense that has nothing to do with games. The way it started, PlayStation will be as dead a brand as Xbox. The biggest culprits for what Microsoft and Sony are doing are Xbox and PlayStation fans who support every decision made by Microsoft and Sony.
Yeah, no. Take that astroturfing to colt's channel where you came from. Welcome to the block list. Xbox is dead, give it up. Phil doesn't care for you, have some self respect.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Very cool idea, and it's cool to see the blisters. But the console and the pads don't look that good. The Wolverine ones looks like a Pikachu edition.

As an example, in case of the Wolverine one I'd have included the black stripes in the sides. Or in case of the Rogue one, I'd have included a wide yellow column in the center. Etcetera.

Xmen-Assortment-2-3183d07e0b1bb904b873-1536x864.jpg

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
As an example, in case of the Wolverine one I'd have included the black stripes in the sides. Or in case of the Rogue one, I'd have included a wide yellow column in the center. Etcetera.
That would require effort on the behalf of Xbox. These appear to be just glorified recolors and nothing more. I'm assuming you could easily make these color combinations with Xbox design lab and they'd be identical. The only thing special about them is the blister pack they come in.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
That would require effort on the behalf of Xbox. These appear to be just glorified recolors and nothing more. I'm assuming you could easily make these color combinations with Xbox design lab and they'd be identical. The only thing special about them is the blister pack they come in.
Yes, this has been just a licensing deal, putting the blister and some combination of colors available on their website.

What I suggest would have required a higher cost/effort, which I assume MS didn't want to achieve or considered wasn't worth it.

Reactions: toadsage44

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
Honestly speaking, these limited edition things are probably the only thing Xbox does better than Playstation.

Like I love the dualsense and my ps5 gets faaaaaaaaaar more use than my XSX, but the new colorways etc almost always look better and have more variety on the Xbox side.

Reactions: toadsage44