Xbox fanboy claims PlayStation gamers would not be playing online if it weren't for Xbox

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
Social media sure brings out the weirdos and/or ignorant folks. I'm not surprised someone like Riskit/Team Xbox would come up with such a blatant lie.
Oh, I forgot to mention, they had online functionality for consoles way before that gen. They had third-party apps working for Genesis and SNES.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Thanks Xbox, for giving us the worst thing ever in the history of consoles.

Paid online is a scam and always was.

It's hilarious that paid online is what these demented Xbox fans bring up when it comes to listing Xbox biggest influence and accomplishment.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Socom and Socom 2 were a thing before Xbox live was even invented and the Socom games have more online features then Xbox live has even now in 2024. The Socom games had an integrated forum built right into the game. No other game has done that to this date and it's been over 20 years, smh. Sony actually pioneered online gaming on console, PS2 used dedicated servers and Xbox forced publishers to use their xbox live infrastructure and didn't allow 3rd party devs and publishers to use their own dedicated servers. Microsoft's initial plan was to force the entire industry to use xbox live servers on xbox. EA made a big stink about this and threatened to remove online play from their Xbox games, Microsoft struck a deal with EA to let them use their own servers and all the other publisher followed. All they had to say to Microsoft was "well Sony let's us use our own servers"

Last edited:

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
THPS3 was the 1st online game on PS2 back in.... 2001

Of course. Dreamcast had it before PS2.

Reactions: Vergil