Xbox fanboys on Resetera already clamoring for next major publisher acquisition by Microsoft.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Best thing to do is to ignore Resetera. It's already the laughing stock of the gaming community and the sooner their MAU drops the sooner Judge and the rest of the mods will be brought to the blade. Microsoft will cut them from the payroll if they're not bringing in money or changing anyone's mind.

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023
Really, I'd just prefer everyone to stop with this acquisition madness.

Maybe Sony just gets one publisher to make things a bit more even but they could still publish on Nintendo and I wouldn't mind.

I just want a bit of balance and for the companies to try and make great games.... not take games that were once multiplat away from eachother. I think Starfield shows how that damages the industry and the possibility of a game.
Believe me I hate this publishers acquisition trend and I wanted to stop too
But I'm 100% sure both sony&Nintendo will fellow ms footsteps sadly
I think sony already planning to buy cd project and they will try to buy taketwo or maybe ubisoft imo

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Believe me I hate this publishers acquisition trend and I wanted to stop too
But I'm 100% sure both sony&Nintendo will fellow ms footsteps sadly
I think sony already planning to buy cd project and they will try to buy taketwo or maybe ubisoft imo

I rarher have Sony and Nintendo merge

• angry
Reactions: Darth Vader

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Microsoft won’t be able to buy anything big for at least a decade. We will see a couple of other big buyouts but not made by Microsoft. It will be Sony and Tencent, who will go shopping.

24 Jun 2022
Honestly I'd just ignore them from here on out. The vast majority of gamers don't agree with them; the fallout against Microsoft from people who weren't hardened Xbox fanboys when the recent leaks came out was MASSIVE. I think Phil Spencer, Brad Smith, Satya Nadella and co. realize the brand's public image among the majority in the enthusiasts spaces online went down a few pegs after those leaks (of Microsoft's own doing, no less).

The rabid idiotic fanboys can fantasize about Microsoft buying whoever they want, all they want, but it'll just isolate them further and further from everyone else in gaming conversation because more people are just getting fed up with the Microsoft fanboys & fangirls hungry for acquisitions. With evidence we've seen now, just buying up publishers isn't going to magically make Xbox so relevant as to usurp PlayStation or Nintendo.

But, that doesn't give an excuse for Microsoft to continue to buy up 3P publishers, either, because that's not them "competing". They have all the pieces they need now to effectively compete, in theory. If they still can't, it's not because of lack of more studios. It's the lack of good upper level management.

EDIT: FWIW the poster Marano seems to be telling The Dave how stupid they are, without actually calling him an outright idiot. As, you can guess, Judge, Jawmuncher or one of the other mods would ban the person simply calling out Xbox fanboy The Dave.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Honestly I'd just ignore them from here on out. The vast majority of gamers don't agree with them; the fallout against Microsoft from people who weren't hardened Xbox fanboys when the recent leaks came out was MASSIVE. I think Phil Spencer, Brad Smith, Satya Nadella and co. realize the brand's public image among the majority in the enthusiasts spaces online went down a few pegs after those leaks (of Microsoft's own doing, no less).

The rabid idiotic fanboys can fantasize about Microsoft buying whoever they want, all they want, but it'll just isolate them further and further from everyone else in gaming conversation because more people are just getting fed up with the Microsoft fanboys & fangirls hungry for acquisitions. With evidence we've seen now, just buying up publishers isn't going to magically make Xbox so relevant as to usurp PlayStation or Nintendo.

But, that doesn't give an excuse for Microsoft to continue to buy up 3P publishers, either, because that's not them "competing". They have all the pieces they need now to effectively compete, in theory. If they still can't, it's not because of lack of more studios. It's the lack of good upper level management.

EDIT: FWIW the poster Marano seems to be telling The Dave how stupid they are, without actually calling him an outright idiot. As, you can guess, Judge, Jawmuncher or one of the other mods would ban the person simply calling out Xbox fanboy The Dave.
is funny to see both sides. is like watching little ants.

The only thing that matters is that I will win at the end of this.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
So to rile this thread up a little would it be alright if I were to say Microsoft bought Sony?

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Incredibly unlikely for multiple reasons ranging from regulators not letting them buy a direct competitor to Sony being in multiple businesses that MS have no interest in to PlayStation never agreeing to it.

Yeah you're right on that. I'm fooling around here tbh. They'll kill playstation by taking away cod though I guess this fps series is very important for whatever reason.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
They suggest both Taketwo and EA as possible targets.

As you can see in the images provided, despite already buying two of the biggest publishers in gaming, the Xbox fanboys continue to wish for more major acquisitions...at this point we are dangerously close to a position of potential monopolization. The longterm effects of the previous acquisitions has not even really been seen.

These people were never interested in fair competition or good games, they just want Microsoft to win no matter what the fallout caused. How are these people tolerated in the gaming community?

View attachment 2502

View attachment 2503
Resetera is a toxic shth0le that’s very pro Xbox, loves Nintendo and sht so. PlayStation for no reason. They think consolidation is wrong except when Microsoft does by default m. They cap for any low quality garbage Microsoft and Nintendo puts out but judging from the sales and player numbers they don’t play any of that sht. Reset era is a cesspit and has barely any legitimacy as a platform of constructive gaming discourse and it’s not even fcking informative anymore. Big gaming news or leaks are sometimes available for hours everywhere else before it even show up there. It’s infested with the cult of Phil and Xbox extremist who cheerlead any dumb sht Xbox does and will go to great lengths to explain why it’s great for the industry.
It’s going to take Microsoft a while to integrate abk they can’t do any big deals now. Even before abk Xbox was in desperate need of support studios so I would expect smaller acquisitions. Right now they are outsourcing on halo, perfect and sea of thieves heavily that can’t offload work on abk because it take 9 to 11 studios just to put out 1 cod game and abk teams are stretched thine and have been unionizing are aren’t going to put up with any sht. I for see a problem with devs leaving probably right after the new yr. Overwatch is in trouble, heart stone in trouble, Diablo4 in trouble war craft in trouble and ppl aren’t happy this yrs cod is recycled content. The board is not writing anymore checks this year and they will wait and see how abk integration goes. Resetera is 💩🗑️🔥