Xbox Game Pass Will Reach 100M Members Thanks To ActiBlizz & Cloud Gaming, Claims Pachter

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 Aug 2022
Australia

"The well-known Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter made an appearance on Yahoo Finance Live last week to discuss all things Activision Blizzard, and he made some interesting predictions about what to expect from the deal.

Perhaps most notably, Pachter claimed that Xbox Game Pass will jump from 25 million subscribers to 100 million subscribers in the future, driven by the acquisition and the focus on Xbox Cloud Gaming. Here's what he had to say:

"...they bought Bethesda, which is a giant studio, and now they're buying Activision. When they're done, they are the fourth major game publisher in the US. So they're going to be giant, and they're going to be in a position to actually support their subscription.
Their future vision is, let's eliminate the console. Let's use the cloud, and let's deliver games to any screen that you have. And that potential market is 3 and 1/2 billion people. So I don't think they'll get that many subscribers, but will they go from 25 million to 100 million? Yes."
Pachter also suggested during the discussion that believes there's a good chance the Activision Blizzard deal could be finalised by the end of the year, depending on whether the FTC decides to try and challenge the deal."

Kretos

The Legend - Scourge of the Green Rats
21 Jun 2022
they giving that shit away for free and can't even reach 30 mil

walter-white-breaking-bad.gif

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Cloud Gaming is meh and the lineup isn't that good at the moment. But then again the shit I like on xbox is 'niche' ie Otogi, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta. Some of the Bethesda shit is good but it's available on other platforms. When they get Starfield and Activision games it'll be more interesting

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
If 5 years of $1 trials and conversion barely got them to 25m, how are they getting to 100m? Will they start paying people to subscribe?

CoD biggest mode is already F2P, people need to stop blowing this out of proportion. Even an exclusive CoD day one on Gamepass is not going to matter as much as people are pretending it would.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I honestly don't know how the guy has kept his job, his public predictions are always way off. Must have friends in high places!
I think it is more a side hobby for him.
He doesn’t work in analysis of anything related to gaming and probably don’t do these bold claims.

I feel like he do good in his job but go crazy in his hobby? Not the first :)

Reactions: Cragarmi

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I think it is more a side hobby for him.
He doesn’t work in analysis of anything related to gaming and probably don’t do these bold claims.

I feel like he do good in his job but go crazy in his hobby? Not the first :)
Michael Pachter is an American video game, social media, digital media and electronics analyst with Wedbush Securities

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Michael Pachter is an American video game, social media, digital media and electronics analyst with Wedbush Securities
He doesn’t work with that at all.

His job at Wedbush Securities is Research Analyst specifics for groups of private capital.

Status
Not open for further replies.