Xbox Game Studios head Matt Booty has claimed that Starfield will have the fewest bugs of any Bethesda game

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Starfield-Dialogue-1280x713.jpg

Xbox Game Studios head Matt Booty has claimed that upcoming RPG Starfield will have the fewest bugs of any Bethesda game.

“We have an awful lot of people internally playing Starfield, working with Todd and the team,”

he told Giant Bomb.

“I see bug counts and just by the numbers if it shipped today, Starfield would already have the fewest bugs of any Bethesda game ever shipped.”

Some of Bethesda’s games have been lauded for their scope upon release, but in the same breath criticised for poor performance and other technical issues.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer also told Giant Bomb that Starfield had a much earlier release date before Microsoft acquired the company for $7.5 billion and delayed the game twice.

He said of Bethesda:

The team has definitely matured. They’ve got Fallouts and Skyrims and Elder Scrolls under their belt. When the acquisition closed, this game had a significantly earlier ship date, earlier than the date we had first set for Starfield. We sat down with Todd and the team and explained we wanted to give them the time.

I think Matt said we have every QA person in our entire company playing Starfield right now, looking at bug counts, looking at the quality of where we are. The nice thing about what we showed today from my perspective is that was the game. We’ve been playing the game for quite a while and that’s the game.

Reactions: Sircaw
D

Deleted member 417

"fewer bugs than ever...

...because we will release a beta for the PC modders to fix before we release it officially"

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It's sad when you try to boost interest in your game by saying "fewest bugs ever". I'm sure they won't forget to bribe publications that knock points out of PS games for having a couple of non gamebraking bugs while blatantly ignoring the typical Bethesda bug fest.

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
It's a bethesda game, I'm not believing that lol, specially since the scope is way bigger than any other game they have ever done, sans like Daggerfall for it's time

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
That's damning by faint praise, considering the absolutely unforgivable states some Bethesda titles have. been released in over the years.