Xbox has abandoned Japan

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The combat of this one, despite being from a new French studio, is somewhat similar to one of the 360 jrpgs, Lost Odyssey:

It's the most similar thing I saw there.
Got to say this was the best game to be shown, sadly made by the french so I won't buy it

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Japan only cares about Xbox when it's time to get paid upfront for ports of games that have no audience on Xbox and that no one will play.

The smart long term play by Japanese devs that would make them the most money would be to all start developing Switch 2/ PS4 / PS5 games and shape the market to their advantage. Supporting PC and Xbox is pretty much setting themselves up for failure in the future.

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
How can you abandon something you never courted to begin with?

Yes, I know SMT Nine, Phantom Dust, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, and Infinite Undiscovery exist
But those are so few and far between, Xbox has never had much to offer for fans of Japanese games

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
It surprised me to see no resident evil related news.
I personally don't believe dusk golem is right at all on RE9 not being revealed soon, Capcom has released a new resident evil just about every 4 years since 2005
RE4 - January 2005
Re5- March 2009
RE6 - October 2012
RE7 - January 2017
RE8 - May 2021

I very much believe RE9 is 2025 and will be revealed very soon and sine it wasn't at Xbox that means there is a good chance another PlayStation event is happening because since RE7 all RE reveals except for RE resistance (TGS 2019)and RE8 DLC (E3 2021) were at a PlayStation Show

RE7 E3 2016 June 13th, 2016
RE2 Remake E3 2018 June 11th, 2018
RE3 Remake State of Play December 10th, 2019
RE8 Village PlayStation Showcase June 11th, 2020
RE4 Remake State of Play June 2nd, 2022
So sometime in 2024 we should see a RE9 reveal from PlayStation and while it could be another State of Play it could also be a Showcase like how RE8 was revealed

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
The smart long term play by Japanese devs that would make them the most money would be to all start developing Switch 2/ PS4 / PS5 games and shape the market to their advantage. Supporting PC and Xbox is pretty much setting themselves up for failure in the future.

Japanese can't shape jack shit. We are not in the 90s anymore. They ate humble pie in the mid 00s and started porting games everywhere.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Nothing from Capcom
1 game from Square
Nothing from Sega
Expect PS September showcase to reveal CGI FF9 remake, Dragon Quest 12, Persona 6, next Monster Hunter 2025, next Resident Evil 2025 & first party should be big.

If the the next showcase is a flop I can’t imagine the negativity in the YouTube comments & PS blog 💀

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Expect PS September showcase to reveal CGI FF9 remake, Dragon Quest 12, Persona 6, next Monster Hunter 2025, next Resident Evil 2025 & first party should be big.

If the the next showcase is a flop I can’t imagine the negativity in the YouTube comments & PS blog 💀
Also maybe Kingdom Hearts 4.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
How can you abandon something you never courted to begin with?

Yes, I know SMT Nine, Phantom Dust, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, and Infinite Undiscovery exist
But those are so few and far between, Xbox has never had much to offer for fans of Japanese games
I will always respect Peter Moore he at least tried and for lovers of Japanese game how niche it even was it made you purchase a X360 back then. Now that I look back Peter Moore basically said we going to make our own FF and DQ with Mystwalker and take entire genre's away from PS. Full exclusives or timed..

Mystwalker: Lost Odyssey & Blue Dragon
Capcom: Dead Rising, Lost Planet,
Team Ninja: Ninja Gaiden 2, Dead or Alive 4, Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (volleybal)
From Soft: Enchanted Arms, Chrome Hounds, Ninja Blade, Steel Battalion 2
Bandai Namco: Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, Culdcept Saga, Magna Carta 1 & 2, Beautiful Katamari, Ace Combat 6, Idolmaster
Tri-Ace/Square: Infinite Discovery, Star Ocean the Last Hope. / The Last Remnant, Project Sylpheed, FF-13 series day one (outside JP)
SEGA: Condmned Criminal Origins, Phantasy Star Universe
Cave: Basically entire gen all the J-SHMUPS were exclusive

And there are more obscure titles I don't know about or forgot/deem not noteworthy like Bullet Witch or Mobile Ops Gundam. Even though it never did well in Japan, the 360 was a really nice console for certain Japanese titles you couldn't get on other consoles. Although it was known as a dude bro console I loved the overlooked output for it from Japan. Most games didn't set the world on fire but there are quite some classics among them.

Hell technically not from Japan but Ubisoft made 2 of the greatest and underrated Naruto games: With Rise of the Ninja & Broken Bond exclusive to 360. For the Musou lovers Dynasty Warriors skipped PS3 for a few entries while having Ninety Nine Nights 1 & 2 exclusive.

They should'v built upon these established relationships and IP but completely fumbled under Phil Spencer's tenure in the One gen.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Got to say this was the best game to be shown, sadly made by the french so I won't buy it
Cat What GIF by truth