Xbox Owners: Do you plan to sell the Xbox if Microsoft goes third-party?

Will you sell your Xbox?

• Yes, i will sell my Xbox

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No, i will keep my Xbox

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Some of you here might own an Xbox,

If Microsoft truly goes multiplatform and starts releasing all their games on rival consoles, what do you plan to do?

Some possible awnsers as well:

• I don't care if it goes multiplatform
  • I will sell my Xbox and migrate to PlayStation
  • I will sell my Xbox and migrate to Nintendo
  • I will sell my Xbox and migrate to PC

Reactions: Bryank75

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i already did, had an Xbox One S from 2017 - 2020 together with my PS4, sold it in 2020 and used the money to buy PS5 launch lineup games, don't regret even a little bit

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Everybody has a plan to sell their Xbox until they get offered $50 for their Series S.

l'll buy an Xbox just to have the pleasure of returning it and listing the reasons why I'm doing it.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Not an Xbox owner but I keep seeing people saying "now my library is worthless if I have to swap" which is crazy. Your library still exists on Xbox, just keep the Xbox and buy PS going forward. Same thing if you went from 360 to PS4. You still have the 360, still have the games, just use it when you want to play them and make new decisions going forward. I did have two Xbox Ones though (2014 and 2017) and ended up selling both since I only played Halo on them.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Quite honestly, all depends on what Microsoft ends up doing. For example, if they stop putting their games on Game Pass day one and have that service be what it was pre-Sea of Thieves, then they literally have nothing at all for me to stay on the platform whatsoever. I will simply stay with PlayStation 5 as my new primary gaming console which only Microsoft could fuck up my entire generation, force me to switch primary gaming consoles and give me my first personal loss as every primary gaming console has always been the best for me (Super Nintendo/PlayStation/PlayStation 2/Xbox 360/PlayStation 4) and this will be the first time that I not only switch primary gaming consoles in the middle of the generation but also lead to my secondary gaming console being ranked higher than the console that started the generation as my primary gaming console.

With the PlayStation 5 Pro releasing later this year, im expecting it to be superior to the Xbox Series X specification wise so I will make the switch when this happens. If Microsoft's first party games are still on Game Pass day one, I will keep the Xbox Series X and play their games the same way I do now via an $11 monthly rental. But all third party games will then be played on PlayStation 5 starting with the Pro. If there's no more day one games on Game Pass, I will then trade in the Xbox Series X along with the PlayStation 5 when I pick up the PlayStation 5 Pro and I will simply be what I haven't been since the NES as a kid/teenager - a single console owner.

In all honesty, im actually hoping Microsoft eliminates the Xbox brand and consoles. Or at the very least just says that the Series X/S are their last consoles. Either way is fine by me.

I also hope that while it probably won't happen since the vast majority of consumers wouldn't care either way, I hope that their games don't sell whatsoever on PlayStation AND Nintendo. Hope it all dies and gets washed away.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Already have a PS5, but I will just use that and my series x towards to pro console when it releases
854c2728dae197050bba0f9167c20d4b.gif

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I'm going to keep my console, as I always like to keep them for my collection.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Not an Xbox owner but I keep seeing people saying "now my library is worthless if I have to swap" which is crazy. Your library still exists on Xbox, just keep the Xbox and buy PS going forward. Same thing if you went from 360 to PS4. You still have the 360, still have the games, just use it when you want to play them and make new decisions going forward. I did have two Xbox Ones though (2014 and 2017) and ended up selling both since I only played Halo on them.
If they just stop paying for Gamepass their entire library will be gone.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
If they just stop paying for Gamepass their entire library will be gone.
Yeah actually I realised this reading Peter420's comment where he said " I will keep the Xbox Series X and play their games the same way I do now via an $11 monthly rental". My consumer habits are so different to this I kind of forget people have entire libraries that are contingent on continuing to pay, and the platform being worthless otherwise. That's insane. Good thing I buy physical and can always pop a disc in.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Yeah actually I realised this reading Peter420's comment where he said " I will keep the Xbox Series X and play their games the same way I do now via an $11 monthly rental". My consumer habits are so different to this I kind of forget people have entire libraries that are contingent on continuing to pay, and the platform being worthless otherwise. That's insane. Good thing I buy physical and can always pop a disc in.
Since you mentioned digital. Most Xbox player can't just sell their disc and move to PlayStation ,first because most don't buy discs and second because most Xbox discs are worthless since there is no market for it anymore.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
eBay works in the U.S just fine. Even the crumbs of Gamestop are something, if they're still on that.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
i have an xbox one still that hasn't been turned on in years. I suspect that it will be worthless so I'm not even going to bother trying to sell it as i'd rather save the hassle of trying to get anything out of it

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 1154
18 Jan 2024
As someone who hasn't own a Xbox since the 360 i might consider getting a OG disc drive series x if this all digital series x does not have the option to use an external drive like the PS5 slim.

Last edited:

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
I already sold it last year. Bought a ROG Ally and in the short 3 months I had it I used it more than my SS which I had for over 2 years. It's not really me being "anti-MS/Xbox", but that console is just so fucking boring, man, and the games just wasn't there. I'm too old don't have enough time for gamepass either. Once the emulation stuff was killed on retail mode I was like fuck this shit lol ROG Ally serves all my needs especially wrt emulation.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Everybody has a plan to sell their Xbox until they get offered $50 for their Series S.

l'll buy an Xbox just to have the pleasure of returning it and listing the reasons why I'm doing it.
Jesus that first line! I hope you're happy, now I'm in trouble waking my friend up lol!

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom