Xbox Players are Half as Good as Their PlayStation and PC Counterparts

MrAss

24 May 2024
Not surprised one bit, online warriors will have you fooled for a minute but it’s been clear for awhile that Xbox’s shrinking userbase is composed mainly by casuals in North America. It’s why the brand is so weak, software sales so soft, and average completion much lower.

It’s mainly a multi player focused userbase sure, but those multiplayer userbases are much larger on other platforms as well.
If Sony had bigger balls they should have never allowing cross-play with xbox. Let them enjoy half empty lobbies

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
This is purely anecdotal but I have a friend who owns a Series X and in the beginning he'd keep bragging about using Quick Resume to switch games very fast, and how he'd play like 3 different games within the span of one hour. Couple that with Gamepass and he'd play like 15 different games every week.

The end result was he'd never finish any game, ever. And after several months playing each game for 5 minutes at a time he'd just forget all about the story and gameplay, eventually abandoning them.

I wonder if this is a consistent behavior within Series X/S owners. I think Quick Resume is a neat feature, but it might be a case where the QoL improvement actually harms the person's ability to actually enjoy the games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This is purely anecdotal but I have a friend who owns a Series X and in the beginning he'd keep bragging about using Quick Resume to switch games very fast, and how he'd play like 3 different games within the span of one hour. Couple that with Gamepass and he'd play like 15 different games every week.

The end result was he'd never finish any game, ever. And after several months playing each game for 5 minutes at a time he'd just forget all about the story and gameplay, eventually abandoning them.

I wonder if this is a consistent behavior within Series X/S owners. I think Quick Resume is a neat feature, but it might be a case where the QoL improvement actually harms the person's ability to actually enjoy the games.
I think it's a coping mechanism for having mediocre games that they aren't really interested in.

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
@ToTTenTranz

Makes sense.
It's the same thing with Movie streaming services. You have so much at your fingertips, but you eventually hit a point of "there's nothing to watch".
I imagine it's the same way with folks who constantly pirate games. I doubt they ever complete any/majority of them.