Xbox Series S was 'annoying to optimize for,' Suicide Squad developer says

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
We've seen some developers speak out on the Series S' weaker hardware, including Remedy, who launched Control on Series X/S. Remember that the Series S' GPU is 61% weaker than the Series X, with nearly 40% less RAM. This reduction in power and memory has apparently caused headaches for developers, with one Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League artist, Del Walker, speaking quite openly about his experiences with the Xbox Series S.

"I wish the Series S never existed, man. So annoying to optimize for that console - I expect we'll unfortunately see more game launches get skipped by Xbox in the future," Walker said on Twitter.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/1001...e-for-suicide-squad-developer-says/index.html

GVtemeNXIAAYsbi

Last edited:

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
I mean I would agree with the guy if their game wasn't utter trash to begin with. It's like they only take the bottom of the barrel devs and quote them on things like this instead of the actual devs that put quality and passion into their work.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I mean I would agree with the guy if their game wasn't utter trash to begin with. It's like they only take the bottom of the barrel devs and quote them on things like this instead of the actual devs that put quality and passion into their work.
that dude used to work for naughty dog as a lead artist lol. he may have worked on a dud game but his skills are the real deal.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
We've seen some developers speak out on the Series S' weaker hardware, including Remedy, who launched Control on Series X/S. Remember that the Series S' GPU is 61% weaker than the Series X, with nearly 40% less RAM. This reduction in power and memory has apparently caused headaches for developers, with one Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League artist, Del Walker, speaking quite openly about his experiences with the Xbox Series S.

"I wish the Series S never existed, man. So annoying to optimize for that console - I expect we'll unfortunately see more game launches get skipped by Xbox in the future," Walker said on Twitter.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/1001...e-for-suicide-squad-developer-says/index.html

GVtemeNXIAAYsbi

He is walking everything back in 3..2..1..

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You can't blame 1 man especially artist, unless, you have imperical evidence that he was to blame?
Hard to believe that artist had any word in the game. He did what he was told buy higher up.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

GVtemeNXIAAYsbi

Xbots = naaah, it is a shit dev.

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
I imagine the project in general must have been annoying for Rocksteady devs. Sure.

9 May 2024

GVtemeNXIAAYsbi

The article was taken down because Del never work on 'Suicide Squad'.
But what he said about the Series S still stand.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I imagine Rockstar probably feels the same way trying to optimize GTA 6 for that potato

Reactions: The Icon

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
But suicide squad also ran like trash on more powerful hardware, what's the excuse there?

Developers sure love to complain. If it were entirely up to them we would need an RTX 4090 to run Tetris.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
if article was taken down, it was came clearly from the top. that's how m$ rules all the time.

Last edited:

Deto

1 Jul 2023

Microsoft: We Could Have Used Variable Clocks for Xbox Series X, But We’re Not Interested in TFLOPS Numbers​

we could have used variable clock rates: the reality is that it makes it harder for developers to optimize their games

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

• haha
Reactions: Evilms