Xbox Series X is being sold for $349

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Why do they make a series S if they can sell the X for so cheap?

Ohhh and why is it rumored that they're going out of the hardware business? 😵‍💫

• thinking_hard
Reactions: KiryuRealty

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
My BestBuy app was going wild with Xbox console and accessory deals. I guess they want to get rid of excess inventory fast.

Maybe MS will announce going third party at the game awards.
That's what Spencer meant by "the real plan"

Reactions: Entropi

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Whenever MS does a fire sale like this, it is because retailers are overstocked and have gotten pissed off about it, the end result of channel-stuffing something that doesn't sell.

With how much they lose per Series X sold, this may be the last gasp before they discontinue it.

• fire
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
If there was a revision imminent wouldnt it have leaked by now? And if there is a revision i assume it will be 499 or at best 449.00 because the Series S exists and is now 349.00. My guess is its a fire sale because Novemeber NPDS are bad. MS are now retreating from Brazil so they cant afford to lose the US 3:1. Just my theory.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
If there was a revision imminent wouldnt it have leaked by now? And if there is a revision i assume it will be 499 or at best 449.00 because the Series S exists and is now 349.00. My guess is its a fire sale because Novemeber NPDS are bad. MS are now retreating from Brazil so they cant afford to lose the US 3:1. Just my theory.
Considering the refreshed X was only seen in a leaked internal presentation with no outside leakers having said anything, I am seriously thinking Series S 1TB is going to be the only thing left on the market after the holidays, as it is probably at a break even point price-wise, if not a little profitable due to the insane premium on it over the original S.

2027 as a hard date for hardware to be killed off may be an end-of-support date more than an end-of-sales date. It certainly isn't looking healthy for Xbox's future as a platform.

Honestly, the whole division should have been shut down after the One was such an embarrassment.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Considering the refreshed X was only seen in a leaked internal presentation with no outside leakers having said anything, I am seriously thinking Series S 1TB is going to be the only thing left on the market after the holidays, as it is probably at a break even point price-wise, if not a little profitable due to the insane premium on it over the original S.

2027 as a hard date for hardware to be killed off may be an end-of-support date more than an end-of-sales date. It certainly isn't looking healthy for Xbox's future as a platform.

Honestly, the whole division should have been shut down after the One was such an embarrassment.
Yeah IDK what their plans are. Phil shouldve been fired along time ago too. He must have sort sort of ironclad 10 year contract or something.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Yeah IDK what their plans are. Phil shouldve been fired along time ago too. He must have sort sort of ironclad 10 year contract or something.
Phil was literally the only one willing to captain the sinking ship.

And if they fire him, the next in line is either Sarah Bond, who knows nothing about gaming, or Matt Booty, who is a revolting living failure. More likely we will see Xbox shut down as a division and Microsoft Game Studios being a publisher only going forward.

Part of me thinks the reason this hasn’t been announced just yet is the amount of unsold stock still out there, clogging the channel. It’s probably worse than the Dreamcast, where it was available at retail for years after discontinuation at fire-sale prices, and MS won’t take the black eye of being in that situation, so they hold on and ride it out until 2027.

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

Slim XSX is very far away. You can bet that XSX didn't sold well or enough during BF week at Walmart or Amazon