Xbox is only relevant into the USA outside USA it's just total slaughter

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Recipients of Service in the European Union​

The table below reflects information on average monthly active recipients of service in the European Union in accordance with the EU Digital Services Act and may not be representative of other statistics or metrics.

ServiceAverage Monthly RoS
(previous 6 months ended 31 Jan., 2023)
Apps.Microsoft.Com Website StoreApproximately 4 million
Xbox.com Website StoreApproximately 6 million
PC App StoreApproximately 33 million
PC Games StoreApproximately 3 million
Console StoreApproximately 4 million

Just to you know the last Worldwide MAU shared by MS was 120 million by December 2022 lol
That confirms they MAU have duplications... if a user login in PC App Store, Console Store and Xbox.com Website Store it will be counted 3 times.

Edit - Decided to use the Microsoft direct source.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Cross posting from another thread:

I genuinely don’t see how Microsoft can revive the Xbox brand, even if they made cod exclusive. Like the brand is so dead I think they’d drag cod down with it rather than cod help it out. The mismanagement of halo and being so irrelevant for so long is such a huge hill to climb and they are already cutting back on marketing staff. And I keep saying, as soon as Sony sees the results of this deal and what regulators say, you better believe they have contingency plans. Even if it’s not publisher acquisitions, they’ll make investments in them if they haven’t already that they’ve disclosed.

Microsoft showed their hand before they had a check mate and now sony knows what their capable of and how far their willing to go. Sony may not have the same financials but theyre not broke, they have 70 percent market share to use to their advantage, and deep roots with japanese publishers.

I guess what im trying to say is, how can a brand be dead for two generations in a row, then expect to revive itself after being completely irrelevant in almost every single market while their main competitor keeps making new hits, new deals, keeps building its audience uncontested two generations in a row, new ways to play (vr), and keeps gaining mind and marketshare?

Reactions: Puff

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

I genuinely don’t see how Microsoft can revive the Xbox brand, even if they made cod exclusive. Like the brand is so dead I think they’d drag cod down with it rather than cod help it out. The mismanagement of halo and being so irrelevant for so long is such a huge hill to climb and they are already cutting back on marketing staff. And I keep saying, as soon as Sony sees the results of this deal and what regulators say, you better believe they have contingency plans. Even if it’s not publisher acquisitions, they’ll make investments in them if they haven’t already that they’ve disclosed.

Microsoft showed their hand before they had a check mate and now sony knows what their capable of and how far their willing to go. Sony may not have the same financials but theyre not broke, they have 70 percent market share to use to their advantage, and deep roots with japanese publishers.

I guess what im trying to say is, how can a brand be dead for two generations in a row, then expect to revive itself after being completely irrelevant in almost every single market while their main competitor keeps making new hits, new deals, keeps building its audience uncontested two generations in a row, new ways to play (vr), and keeps gaining mind and marketshare?
If MS wasn’t pouring money into Xbox just to drain customers from Sony, they’d have been shut down before the Bone fiasco could even happen.

They’re not in consoles to compete, they’re in consoles to try to hurt Sony.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

It is dead for well normal people.
You need to understand Uncle Phil will say "20xx was the best Xbox year evar" and xbox fans will believe it.
I remember when he used to say "This year we have the best Xbox line up ever" without release any game in the whole year.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: EN250 and Dabaus

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
"Accessing storefronts" is not equal to "total monthly active users"...

MAUs are people who essentially log in period. Accessing the store is a subsection of that, which is the focus of this particular source.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well, combined -and ignoring duplicates- these are 50M only from Europe.

KQKSxn7.png

Xbox is only relevant into the USA outside USA it's just total slaughter
If a console user visits the console store and also the website store is he/she counted twice?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
"Accessing storefronts" is not equal to "total monthly active users"...

MAUs are people who essentially log in period. Accessing the store is a subsection of that, which is the focus of this particular source.
What is the difference between the "Monthly Active Recipients of Service" (the name used in this website) and "Monthly Active Users" of a store?

I always saw MAU everywhere, it's the first time I see "Recipients of Service".