Xbox uses Korean language on their Japanese website

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm sure Xbox have pages in Irish to entice us Bryan😂. Written in English. So inclusive.

I bet those useless fucks couldn't understand Ulster Scots.

I didn't know Ulster Scots sounds just like English with an Irish accent! Amazing.

Also, can I say I'm completely adjusted to Ireland since I understood everything both of them said?

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I didn't know Ulster Scots sounds just like English with an Irish accent! Amazing.

Also, can I say I'm completely adjusted to Ireland since I understood everything both of them said?
Remember in school when you learned to spell English words correctly. For that language you can just not.

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75 and Satoru

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
And this is what they think of their "fastest growing market".

Honestly, for the biggest company in the world and a platform holder stressing how important Japan is to them this is pathetic.
It is just bollock. Just a generic placeholder for PS, nothing more nothing less.

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
Well they don't hire localization experts.And A.I will take care of everything. Save big corporations money. Yeah MS.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I wonder how XboxCels are going to damage control this one

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I wonder how XboxCels are going to damage control this one
If it was Japanese in Xbox Korea's website, they might as well apologise and refund everyone who bought anything Microsoft in Korea.

Reactions: Box

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
What a fanbase

Xbox fucking used codenames inspired by real events based on beating Japanese.

Manhattan Project was Direct X as it would blow Japanese gaming away.

Project Midway was the OG Xbox to turn the tide on Japanese Gaming.

And they fucking wonder why they can't break Japan

Reactions: Fenton and Box

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
Not nationality shaming, but I wouldn't be surprised if the person or people responsible for the website update were in the US. Based on over a decade of work experience with global teams, it's usually the US folk that have difficulty telling languages apart. Bulgarian and russian? The same, since the letters look funny. Korean, Chinese, and Japanese? They're the same. Portuguese and Spanish? Likewise.

It's humourous honestly.
I mean, written Korean and Japanese don't really look similar even if you don't know the language...

Reactions: Satoru

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Maybe whoever was in charge, thought they were the same because both of them are in the Altaic language family?