Xbox version of Black Myth: Wukong reportedly delayed indefinitely

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
black-myth-wukong.jpg

Translation via Reddit

Sources told Xbox content creator and leaker Exta1sis that the Xbox version is delayed indefinitely due to a memory leak:

"At Gamescom, I spoke to Xbox insiders and developers who informed me about a technical issue affecting the launch of Black Myth: Wukong on Xbox consoles."

"Apparently, the game is suffering from a bug known as "Memory Leak," which can cause significant crashes that could compromise the performance of your Xbox console. Because of this issue, the game has not passed Xbox's bug detection tests and has therefore been delayed indefinitely until they manage to optimize the game for Series X|S."

"The studio is already working hard to resolve this issue and achieve the necessary certification. Once they get approval, they will set a release date for the game, but they do not yet know when or how, but apart from that error the game is "close to being ready.""

* The game has already failed the tests twice, hence the delay without an approximate date, since they have not yet managed to pass this certification, which I was told is very strict."

Source

Last edited:

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Great - Game Science has to put resource into the Series Shit optimizations indefinitely, which will probably hold back optimizations and other content for the platforms that actually matter.

I wonder if it'll even break 100k units on Xbox given that most people will have already bought it on other platforms.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Just put it out on the Series X and have the S version delayed and ride out the shit storm.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Great - Game Science has to put resource into the Series Shit optimizations indefinitely, which will probably hold back optimizations and other content for the platforms that actually matter.

I wonder if it'll even break 100k units on Xbox given that most people will have already bought it on other platforms.
I mean this is definitely what happens when a platform has little to no support in a region. I'm not surprised this happened with their title.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Early 2025.

Series S is great for cross-generation games but for current generation games, not so much due to the lack of RAM. When you see every current generation game require 16GB of RAM regardless of the CPU/GPU setup on PC, that tells you everything you need to know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryank75
8 Aug 2024
Looks like UE5 memory leak is a common issue, the PS5 version also encounter heavy lag if you play this game long enough, you need to reboot the game, it seems this game just eat system memory endlessly.

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Early 2025.

Series S is great for cross-generation games but for current generation games, not so much due to the lack of RAM. When you see every current generation game require 16GB of RAM regardless of the CPU/GPU setup on PC, that tells you everything you need to know.

Too bad people (the green glasses wearing ones) failed to see it and instead gave answers like "but min spec on PC is lower than Potato spec".

I mean, we know they are not the smartest, as seen how they drunk all the Gamepass propaganda kool aid, but how shortsighted can they be to not even consider how PC min spec is not set in stone and will obviously be higher as time goes by.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Early 2025.

End of 2020. Series S wasn't great for cross generation games since very start of this gen.

Reactions: arvfab

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Lmao thinking a memory leak is going to delay a game indefinitely, this is 100% damage control to make it seem like it's the developer's fault and not the shitty series s
Come on dude, get on the program.

Phil said that Sony and they have a deal 😁
They are just trying to cover it up 😁

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Too bad people (the green glasses wearing ones) failed to see it and instead gave answers like "but min spec on PC is lower than Potato spec".

I mean, we know they are not the smartest, as seen how they drunk all the Gamepass propaganda kool aid, but how shortsighted can they be to not even consider how PC min spec is not set in stone and will obviously be higher as time goes by.

Agreed.

End of 2020. Series S wasn't great for cross generation games since very start of this gen.

I disagree with this simply because cross-gen required the base PS4/XBO consoles which had 8GB of RAM which is what the Series S has while the CPU/GPU/SSD is better. Series S was never meant to be the Series X or a PS5. It was meant to be a cheaper option for those who didn't need (like parents with kids) to buy a Series X.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
They wanted more units out this gen, only solution was to try and be cheap. Now they have to face the negatives of that decision… I remember in 2020 folks said the series s + gamepass was going to fly off the shelves 😂

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
They wanted more units out this gen, only solution was to try and be cheap. Now they have to face the negatives of that decision… I remember in 2020 folks said the series s + gamepass was going to fly off the shelves 😂
TBF, it did sell more than the Series X. Even I once considered getting one to use for emulation.
Thankfully, I dodged that bullet.