Xbox wants Starfield to have the 12-year staying power of Skyrim

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
tbh as mediocre as skyrim is in my eyes I would not be surprised if starfield stays around that long. I am also surprised skyrim is even in the discussions like twelve years later. Like why? Elder scrolls is like gta. You play one game, have fun with it and then just go play better games. You played gta to run around aimlessly. Skyrim you just do the same but even more aimless.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m sure they want to get it as close to a single player live service as they can. Meaning… yearly expansions. At least more planned than any previous release. They def need to actually charge players for content at some point… since gamepass killed Bethesda revenues.

So even if it doesn’t have the staying power of Skyrim long run. They’ll try.

Skyrim is currently ranked 28 on XBL. Starfield at 11 behind destiny. Fallout 4 still charts too.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Lol it wont even last for half of that amount of time

Reactions: Entropi

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
tbh as mediocre as skyrim is in my eyes I would not be surprised if starfield stays around that long. I am also surprised skyrim is even in the discussions like twelve years later. Like why? Elder scrolls is like gta. You play one game, have fun with it and then just go play better games. You played gta to run around aimlessly. Skyrim you just do the same but even more aimless.
for me skyrim was like 5 different games in one. i played through the main plot, like 4 of the guilds, plenty of side quests, and plenty of aimless exploring ancient dwemer caves.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Of course they want that. I can nor see that happening under MS.

Last edited:

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
for me skyrim was like 5 different games in one. i played through the main plot, like 4 of the guilds, plenty of side quests, and plenty of aimless exploring ancient dwemer caves.

. That being said though I do like the idea that you could create your own fantasy adventure. Think I picked the cat character and went down to The sorceror academy then Went through a few dungeons fought some vampires. Like I think the games neat but it just didn’t click for me. Idk maybe I just prefer different kinds of games.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
morale at Bethesda can't be good. This game was touted as game of the generation from the rpg masters only for it to get mediocre reviews. Todd can't be happy. Some even say its their worst game. ouch. Not acceptable at all. If Elder Scrolls 6 doesn't perform well review wise, Bethesda is dead.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
morale at Bethesda can't be good. This game was touted as game of the generation from the rpg masters only for it to get mediocre reviews. Todd can't be happy. Some even say it’s their worst game. ouch. Not acceptable at all. If Elder Scrolls 6 doesn't perform well review wise, Bethesda is dead.
If anyone at Bethesda felt shame, they’d have improved their engine generations ago.

They come to work, crap out a half-baked game and collect their paychecks.

Bethesda has never put out a finished, polished game and they leave it to their idiot fanboys to do their work for them while they get praised for insipid trash.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi