Xcloud streaming of purchased games requires Gamepass Ultimate subscription

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
This is completely expected and is the same tier Sony has for streaming.

That was not the implication that Microsoft was giving off when they discussed this feature. The implication was that you would have another way to play games you already own...not that you'd have to spend an additional $20/month to play games you already "own".

Reactions: Ghaleon

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
That was not the implication that Microsoft was giving off when they discussed this feature. The implication was that you would have another way to play games you already own...not that you'd have to spend an additional $20/month to play games you already "own".

Think about how bad that would be for business.

Want to play this ONE game? Buy it but don't make any real investment in the ecosystem since it is cloud and when you're done, you're out.

You make maybe 70 dollars off of that person and maybe you don't see them again ever.

I would have been more surprised if this was stand-alone.

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Think about how bad that would be for business.

Want to play this ONE game? Buy it but don't make any real investment in the ecosystem since it is cloud and when you're done, you're out.

You make maybe 70 dollars off of that person and maybe you don't see them again ever.

I would have been more surprised if this was stand-alone.

Fair point. But Stadia (RIP) did this. Purchase game, stream forever. No subscription required.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Fair point. But Stadia (RIP) did this. Purchase game, stream forever. No subscription required.

The keyword there is RIP. It's not a super sustainable platform since people can come and go pretty much as they please. And it being an unstable platform actually keeps people away.

Sometimes it's actually better to pay more money than to pay less.

If Legend of Dragoon is your favorite game of all time and you bought it for 50 dollars. How much would you have paid for it in order to guarantee a sequel?

Some times we get excited about getting a deal on something but we're bummed when we don't see future support.

Ghaleon

7 Sep 2024
The Silver Star
Wonderful streaming future.... ROFL yeah right. Paying them to play the game you own. And this is only the slightest of the bullshit that a streaming future would hold if it was possible.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Sony does the same but they never made any promises. They just dumped that feature randomly in an update months ago and never talked about it prior or since.

Xbox was touting this useless stream-your-own for years like it was the next big thing in cloud gaming but it's actually a wet fart in Phil's shorts.

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well.. you having to pay for it doesn't go against the original claim.
It is another way to play the game you already own.

AnimePanda

15 Oct 2024
So basically, even if you purchased the games B2P without doing so with a Game Pass sub, you still need a Game Pass sub to stream the games you purchased without said sub?

Oof...yikes...lol...lmfao even
Crazy thing is ur streaming it from ur own console... ur not using a xbox blade or anything soo why i nthe hell do they need a sub to it makes no sense but it does make sense for them to lock it behind a paywall

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
I just stream them from my Xbox at home to remote play on my phone (which you can airplay to other devices if you like). No additional charge. That said, this should be no additional charge if you already own the game.

Crazy thing is ur streaming it from ur own console... ur not using a xbox blade or anything soo why i nthe hell do they need a sub to it makes no sense but it does make sense for them to lock it behind a paywall
This is using the server cloud, not your Xbox. They already have remote play via your Xbox, which is no fee.

AnimePanda

15 Oct 2024
I just stream them from my Xbox at home to remote play on my phone (which you can airplay to other devices if you like). No additional charge. That said, this should be no additional charge if you already own the game.

This is using the server cloud, not your Xbox. They already have remote play via your Xbox, which is no fee.
thats EVEN WORSE HAHAHAHAHAHAH