xDefiant devs are looking to add Gyro Aim after launch

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Asked on Twitter if we Will we get Gyro aiming for Ps5?

The response was not on launch but it'll be high on priority.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
They need a long term plan, and regular content updates. If the incompetent Ubisoft can make this game popular then COD will finally have some competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Interesting, wonder if it will open up a new paradigm of higher skill level gameplay

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Warzone already replaced arena leaving Rainbow Six being the most popular arena shooter on consoles.

So xDefiant is in a good place. Only f2p arena shooters are Halo and Splitgate. Both dead … soooo there’s room.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Only f2p arena shooters are Halo and Splitgate. Both dead … soooo there’s room.
Sony should have bought the Splitgate guys while there was interest, and make it part of PS+. There's your GaaS cow, Jimbo. Now don't fuck up the other studios.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Splitgate was supposedly going to get next gen versions but they scrapped it in favor of a sequel.

I liked it a lot because it was basically felt like a Bungie clone but with heavier aim assist on snipers etc… but … I think the portal gimmick keeps it niche. I love playing those angles but I think it alienates some players too.

I’d expect Battlefield 2042 or the next Ea game to go f2p soon to make a play at marketshare as well because xDefiant can just come sweeping in.

It will definitely be interesting to see a big budget f2p arena shooter go against the BR giants. It hasn’t happened yet. Big deal iMO.

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
This game seems more and more interesting the more i read about it and watch gameplay footage. Looks like a game that would be fun to play. This game has the potential to go toe to toe with cod but its upto ubi now to not butcher it.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
This game seems more and more interesting the more i read about it and watch gameplay footage. Looks like a game that would be fun to play. This game has the potential to go toe to toe with cod but its upto ubi now to not butcher it.

It can come out and people could absolutely shit on it left and right. However, if they can keep the pace with updates and addressing player sentiments it could still make a ton of headway over potential competitors just by launching first. Only Apex Legends out of the f2p giants offers a satisfactory deathmatch mode.

I don’t like operators or heroes tho. Player created avatars also gives more cosmetic options too so even from a business and monetization angle I don’t see why the trend of hero characters is still a thing.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Does it support M&K? I never understood why devs don't implement it now that crossplay is a thing.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Ubi have a golden chance. They just need to listen to the community and keep up with regular updates.

I played a bit of the last beta and the gameplay felt cod like, I'm hoping the actual release has deathmatch never been a fan of objective modes. Hopefully they do another beta, as the last one was ran during the ff16 release weak.

Reactions: Box

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I am going to have to try it again then.
I gave it a go and didn't get the impression it would be able to dethrone COD anytime soon if at all.