Yosuke Saito working on new project with Yoko Taro and Keiichi Okabe

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Square Enix executive officer and NieR series producer Yosuke Saito is working on a new project with NieR series director Yoko Taro and series composer Keiichi Okabe (MONACA), the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.

In a discussion with former Capcom producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who is now leading GPTRACK50 under NetEase Games, Saito said, “I’ve been talking about wanting to do something with Yoko and Okabe for some time now. I’ll have something a bit more put-together to say in the not-too-distant future, so please stay tuned. It might be NieR, it might not be NieR. (Laughs.) That’s about all I can say for now.”

Saito also said that he has another project in the works.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I can remember the credible Square Enix leaker Navtra talked about a the next Yoko Taro game being PS only. This was last year. If the next Nier or spiritual successor is PS exclusive, Nintendo fanboys will lose it.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I csn remember the credible Square Enix leaker Nsvtra talked about a the next Yoko TRo gsme being PS only. This was last year. If the next Nier or spiritual successor is PS exclusive, Nintendo fanboys will lose it.
Yeah I remember making a thread bcus Yoko actually made a comment. I'm going to look for it and add to it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I can remember the credible Square Enix leaker Navtra talked about a the next Yoko Taro game being PS only. This was last year. If the next Nier or spiritual successor is PS exclusive, Nintendo fanboys will lose it.

Might be two diff projects but who knows.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

Might be two diff projects but who knows.
I don't know if they are two projects if we can use Square Enix's latest news as speculation going forward. They will probably be very selective from now on what to green-light. Either it's Nier 3 or new IP. I could definitely see it being PlayStation Exklusive. Maybe it's a title for late PS5/early PS6 or even Cross-gen.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't know if they are two projects if we can use Square Enix's latest news as speculation going forward. They will probably be very selective from now on what to green-light. Either it's Nier 3 or new IP. I could definitely see it bei g PlayStation Exklusive. Maybe it's a title for late PS5/early PS6 or even Cross-gen.
OH it very well may be one but I don't want to jump to conclusions. It can also be tht one was canned and another started.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings