Your dream cars

luviuv1

4 Jul 2022
The ground rules are simple, post 3 unobtanium cars that you want beyond all others. No ford fusion/pinto bullshit. I'll begin...

I have loved this car since I saw one in person in the 90s. It looks kind of like the Batmobile don't you think?
90cc4893-5d46-4f43-90da-6b39a1af6f8a.jpg
This oddity has a rotary drive which is pretty neat. I mostly like it for it's faux futuristic looks.
1970-Mercedes-Benz-C111-Concept-004-1440.jpg
Lastly comes the oft maligned Ferrari F-50. I would wager that naysayers have never seen/heard one in person. Pure sex.
134972-1995-ferrari-f50-supercar-supercars.jpg
So yeah, what are some of your favorite exotic cars?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This may sound cliché, but I absolutely love cars and car tech. That said, what is your dream car?

If I had to narrow mine up it would absolutely be the DMC Delorean. Yes, I know it's a piece of turd machine, but I absolutely love the design and story behind the vehicle, especially because it features in my favorite trilogy ever.

However, they are coming up with a new electric vehicle, and I'm salivating at the prospect of it being a) actually good and b) kind of affordable, as I'd love to buy one. Below is the old and the new, side by side.

Angel-Guerra-DMC-12-04.jpg

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

The “Eleanor” Mustang Shelby GT500 from “Gone in 60 Seconds”​

Eleanor-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-from-Gone-in-60-Seconds-is-For-Sale-1000x600.jpg

The custom-built and Chip Foose-designed “Eleanor” Shelby Mustang GT500 that was the money shot car used in the film, and it’s way more than a cosmetic piece. It has performance upgrades like a HiPo 5.8-liter V8, Magnaflow mufflers, side exhaust pipes, and even a Nitrous system that works (with a the now iconic “Go Baby Go” red button), as if the engine power wasn’t sufficient.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I don't drive due to poor eyesight but i have always liked this car, some sort of Shelby,

Maybe in racing green, I believe it's called.

And that better not be you driving my car @Bryank75 ffs :)

dsc08407_2.jpg

Also, when i was kid, i always thought this was cool as heck.

Knight Rider Nbc GIF

D

Deleted member 140

I don't have a driver's license and no ambition to drive a car. 🫣

Some of these ones posted here look really nice, I have to admit. But I'd honestly feel uncomfortable driving them in the current state of the world, with mankind heading towards a climate catastrophe.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I don't have a driver's license and no ambition to drive a car. 🫣

Some of these ones posted here look really nice, I have to admit. But I'd honestly feel uncomfortable driving them in the current state of the world, with mankind heading towards a climate catastrophe.
Electric is becoming a thing now.

In time prices will come down to the average consumer level.

You could zip around in one of these

Summer Driving GIF by smart

or poor man's version now( still uses batteries)

driving dance music GIF by Spinnin' Records

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I think it all depends on where you live. For example, I live in the country side and have limited access to public transportation. Not even a train, and a single bus to a major city (that's not reliable at all). In that scenario, unfortunately a car is a must have, however I made the conscious effort to buy a smaller vehicle with a small engine, and on the highest rank (means the greenest) of emissions.

Next step will be to buy an electric vehicle which will be partially charged by my solar panels, offsetting even more carbon emissions.

It's an interesting conundrum, and I agree the world is way too much car reliable, but there are people that simply don't have the option not to be reliable on a car.

I'll probably be buying this electric car next year or the year after.

1_honda_e.jpg

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Already own it, 2016 Nissan Patrol short-wheel-base Y61, 5-speed manual, rear diff lock from factory with 2 extremely solid axels. A fucking fuel-thirsty 4.8L inline-6 petrol engine.

P1130046.jpg

DSC-2732.jpg

DSC-2303.jpg

BTW, looks light but it's actually sitting at 2450kg (5,401 lbs) curb weight after installing 35" muddies and 2" lift kit, while it was 2370kg from factory. So didn't add any iron bumpers or any of that shit.

Last edited: