Ys X Nordics Announcement Trailer plus PS5/PS4/Nintendo Switch - Digital Foundry Tech Review

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Ys X: Nordics - Announcement Trailer | PS5 & PS4 Games​

In terms of underlying technology, Ys X is pushing no boundaries - it's a handsome game but Falcom is a small studio, which ultimately limits their potential in terms of visual accomplishment. However, this game uses their new engine which I think brings with it some nice improvements.

From a performance and visual quality standpoint, the PS5 version is - unsurprisingly - the best of the bunch. It runs at native 4K at 60 frames per second while completely eliminating all loading times - the developer even removed the loading screens you'll find in other versions, which is great. This is the version I played through and the one I'd recommend. However, the Switch version has its own appeal and I wanted to check it out on the go. As noted, the last two games didn't run very well on Switch and, initial impressions of Ys X suggested that might also be the case here but thankfully, things smooth out and after many hours of play, I found that it is largely acceptable but not amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Is it just me, or is the whole idea of Digital Fuckery videos about a Falcon game kinda pointless and bordering on absurd?
What do you mean? Like thy have nothing better to post? As there's really no big upgrade here so why bother? Does seem superflous.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
What do you mean? Like thy have nothing better to post? As there's really no big upgrade here so why bother? Does seem superflous.
Falcom games have never been at the forefront of graphical wankery. They’re usually great games to play, but hardly the kind of thing that gets Alex Buguga into a gimp suit.

I LOVE Falcom games, to be clear! Even played some of them using translation patches during the years when we didn’t get English releases officially.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Falcom games have never been at the forefront of graphical wankery. They’re usually great games to play, but hardly the kind of thing that gets Alex Buguga into a gimp suit.

I LOVE Falcom games, to be clear! Even played some of them using translation patches during the years when we didn’t get English releases officially.
I agree.

• Shake
Reactions: KiryuRealty