Zenless Zone Zero surpasses 35 million pre-registered accounts

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Meanwhile Sony got aniplex, control over anime distribution, a world wide brand and studios but doesn't tap into this market for profitability. I don't blame Totoki calling out the Western side.

Sees the success of these titles. Decides to buy a German mobile developer.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer
OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Meanwhile Sony got aniplex, control over anime distribution, a world wide brand and studios but doesn't tap into this market for profitability. I don't blame Totoki calling out the Western side.

western developers don't work hard enough or cheap enough to be able to do what mihoyo does. also they care too much about political messaging and too little about delivering excellent story pacing and tight gameplay. only a few manage to do everything because western devs are very undisciplined and get scope creep like crazy because they let their creatives do whatever they want. mihoyo has only missed one 6 week content cycle since genshin launched and that one cycle was due to covid lockdowns in china making their workers physically unable to go to work.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The fact that I registered says something.
I encourage people not to sleep on this game. From what I played in the beta it's going to be a great game that is like Persona but dialed up to 11 on production values. (Disclaimer: action combat, not turn based)

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

Outside Fate & Demon Slayer is there any other anime ip Sony own.

A Demon Slayer gatcha genshin clone would go crazy. Release it on PS, PC & Mobile or PS & Mobile & promo the genshin/gatcha/mobile YouTubers & watch the downloads & money come swinging by.

Surprised Sony hasn’t made a gatcha game using Demon Slayer such an easy feat & mistake. Hopefully Neon Koi is cooking but considering they’ve seemily went through a rebrand that acquisition looks like a bust. I can see why Sony acquired them, they had ex Clash of clan/Supercell & Apple developers. But if Sony wanted to hit hard on mobile they should’ve bought a one of these Chinese/Korea/Japanese gatcha studio aswell as smaller mobile studios like Ninja Kiwi (Bloons TD) or Halfbricks studios (Fruit Ninja/Jetpack Joyride) a studio w ip & known cadence of mobile game output.

Honestly a “Soulsborne” anime styled gatcha open world live service combining both Demon Souls & Bloodborne universes would be big letting both fanbase combine & letting them build a community under a live service souls game since fromsoft is busy making singleplayer games Sony can get a head start building up a franchise using the souls/borne franchise/universe. Or even a “Soulsborne” Diablo competitor. Let me make my own hunter or knight & grind loot similar to Diablo’s/Destiny make it top down w an artistic art style & release it on PS & mobile to compete w Diablo immortal. Idk

Anyways it’s good seeing Hoyoverse release a game simultaneously w PS5 hope this expands to other mobile developers like Supercells there games are massive & Supercell has a new mmo rpg monster like catching game called MO.CO which looks interesting for a mobile game

Reactions: CrackmanNL

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I encourage people not to sleep on this game. From what I played in the beta it's going to be a great game that is like Persona but dialed up to 11 on production values. (Disclaimer: action combat, not turn based)
It looks really good. Hoyoverse character design & artist are top notch. Best in the business.

Thoe I’ve seen people shit on it from playing the beta. Wonder why maybe it’s more linear then Genshin/Honkai Star Rail

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It looks really good. Hoyoverse character design & artist are top notch. Best in the business.

Thoe I’ve seen people shit on it from playing the beta. Wonder why maybe it’s more linear then Genshin/Honkai Star Rail
no, people shit on it because they don't like the 2d dungeon crawling which they felt took too long/wasn't interesting enough. but the latest beta improved it. i like it and i'm really looking forward to the game.

also it's not just the artists but their animators have improved sooo much since genshin. it's like they inherited the skill of old school disney animators and translated them into 3d.

Reactions: Neversummer
26 Nov 2023
no, people shit on it because they don't like the 2d dungeon crawling which they felt took too long/wasn't interesting enough. but the latest beta improved it. i like it and i'm really looking forward to the game.

also it's not just the artists but their animators have improved sooo much since genshin. it's like they inherited the skill of old school disney animators and translated them into 3d.

Animation in ZZZ is crazy. There’s been lots of discussions about if it’s too exaggerated but I love it. Also in an action game like this it pretty much a perfect fit. I see Hoyo is doing some kind of dev round table with the devs of Street Fighter 6 lol Wonder if this will be the first Hoyo game to start with crossovers (ignoring Aloy)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Outside Fate & Demon Slayer is there any other anime ip Sony own.

Spy X Family is fully internal and Fairy Tale they own the anime license as noteworthy ones.
The IP rights in Japan are a bit cloudy due to (rightfully) rights for the creator of the mangeka and then it get distributed or licensed out depending what kind of contracts they sign with publishers. For example Sony owns WITs studio that got hired to do the first 3 seasons of Attack on Titan but they don't own any kind of rights.

It's untapped potential especially with the bases they got covered regarding production, creating and owning the IP is the best for them but also the hardest. They wanna improve profit margins, this is the market to do that but they are working on it tho. The Soulsborne Diablo competitor yeah they should get on that instantly, that's a great idea.

Then again just mooching off others and having miHoYo is free money without doing anything and shows the benefit of being a platform holder, whoever signed and supported Genshin to PS was a genius.

26 Nov 2023
Spy X Family is fully internal and Fairy Tale they own the anime license as noteworthy ones.
The IP rights in Japan are a bit cloudy due to (rightfully) rights for the creator of the mangeka and then it get distributed or licensed out depending what kind of contracts they sign with publishers. For example Sony owns WITs studio that got hired to do the first 3 seasons of Attack on Titan but they don't own any kind of rights.

It's untapped potential especially with the bases they got covered regarding production, creating and owning the IP is the best for them but also the hardest. They wanna improve profit margins, this is the market to do that but they are working on it tho. The Soulsborne Diablo competitor yeah they should get on that instantly, that's a great idea.

Then again just mooching off others and having miHoYo is free money without doing anything and shows the benefit of being a platform holder, whoever signed and supported Genshin to PS was a genius.

Imagine being Xbox and knowing you rejected the biggest modern gacha game that would turn into multiple games skipping your platform. Still maintain that whoever is running the show with partnerships and third party relationships are doing a bang up job

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Should could mooch of Hoyoverse which is indeed free money but because they don’t own Hoyoverse they can be bought & focus solely on mobile & Nintendo as Nintendo dominates mobile & Asia/Japan.

Seeing what happen w COD PS should definitely make there own competitors so they don’t have to rely on 3rd party. Also by owning the game/studio they can further inject PS/Sony ip & having cross synergies w Sony/PS movies, anime, tv shows etc.

It’s the same w PS having a platform fighter like Smash to mainline EVO for 10+ years since Nintendo will never go back to EVO w Smash