14.1M of all PlayStation Plus subscribers are on Extra and Premium tiers as of March 2023. 6.1M on Extra, 8M on Premium.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
3DmD2be.png

This thing is a monster and it’s barely a year old? This will overtake gamepass in no time.
And the premium being higher than extra just cements one thing:
Forums and twitter have no clue how the market works.

Source: https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/business_segment_meeting/pdf/2023/GNS.pdf

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Not sure how I feel about premium. Mine expires next year of course. Extra is justifying itself somewhat but the classics catalog need more PS3 love imo. If things stay course, I'll be resubbing for extra only july next year. A ton of PS2 games are also missing. With that said, as poster above me said: best deal in gaming by far.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Well i guess jimbo was wrong when he said "who would play that?"
The difference is only $20. Those 6.1 millions cheapasses on Extra should just pay it tbh.

Gamepass took 3 years to hit those numbers right?
It was 10 millions after 3 years on PC + console. Then it went up fast when they started the $1 gold conversion.

Screenshot_20230523_185959_Samsung Internet.jpg

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So basically the PREMIUM tiers of PS Plus have about half of the total gamepass subs as per the last reported numbers. Damn.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I'm waiting for a deal on extra/premium to come back for a yearly subs so I can give it a try.

I'm surprised by the Premium numbers since to me it's the least attractive tier.

The new PS+ tiers pretty much caught up to Gamepass without letting go of about 35m PS+ essentials subscribers while MS completely destroyed Live Gold.
Yup, this shows how GP was mishandled for short term buzz words gains and it ends up causing more trouble than growth.

Somebody at MS must be looking at this graph and have serious remorse with their strategy.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Lol and forum shills were concern trolling that Sony couldn’t “compete” with game pass. When they are basically tied with them after only a year 😭

The next concern trolling I’m seeing is that these numbers are inflated because “stacked subs”.
It's MS that could never compete, in the end of the day it's about who makes the best games.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Seems like good numbers.

Still don’t see value in Extra or Premium.
I have two kids who are getting old enough for these services to replace games rental. This is how I saw GP, but people insisted it was to be the be all end all and it would suit all your gaming needs forever.

I don't have nearly enough time to mess around with these services myself.

Reactions: ethomaz

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
As long as games don’t release day one, yes
I would say that this is a combination of factors:
- Games releasing later (much later) on the service
- You don't know if and when a Sony game will even come to PS+, this means you can't just play the waiting game

Also, the fact that third parties don't necessarily expect some kind of deal to join the service they expect ask less $ to have their game offered on the service.

24 Jun 2022
If I'm Microsoft I would be very embarrassed right now, no wonder the championing for Game Pass from a lot of the shills has basically died out.

The ARPU on PS+ was already better than Game Pass before the new data; I'd expect that to only increase in terms of the ARPU value gap with this.

Reactions: Swift_Star