14.1M of all PlayStation Plus subscribers are on Extra and Premium tiers as of March 2023. 6.1M on Extra, 8M on Premium.

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
So basically the PREMIUM tiers of PS Plus have about half of the total gamepass subs as per the last reported numbers. Damn.
yeah xbox game pass launched in 2017 and pc in 2019

in late 2020 they had just got to 15 million subs

so PS+ extra/premium have 14 mil after 1 year without pc

and of course, Sony doesn’t put their games on Plus day 1

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Lol and forum shills were concern trolling that Sony couldn’t “compete” with game pass. When they are basically tied with them after only a year 😭

The next concern trolling I’m seeing is that these numbers are inflated because “stacked subs”.
Jim Ryan must be crying right now because of the MS 'monopoly'.
laughing GIF

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
LOL, according to the fine folks over at Reddit, it seems like nobody's really keen on Premium. Well, that just goes to show you that people should make up their own damn minds and not let others dictate what they should or shouldn't like.

Now, me, I've been quite chuffed with Premium, and I reckon I'll be renewing it come Black Friday. Could Premium do with an extra whopper of a feature, like PS3 emulation or a boatload of classic PS2 games? Yeah, it wouldn't hurt. But you know what? I'm still gonna stick with it regardless.

OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
LOL, according to the fine folks over at Reddit, it seems like nobody's really keen on Premium. Well, that just goes to show you that people should make up their own damn minds and not let others dictate what they should or shouldn't like.

Now, me, I've been quite chuffed with Premium, and I reckon I'll be renewing it come Black Friday. Could Premium do with an extra whopper of a feature, like PS3 emulation or a boatload of classic PS2 games? Yeah, it wouldn't hurt. But you know what? I'm still gonna stick with it regardless.
Yep. Reddit, GAF and Era are making mental gymnastics because, once again, their wrong predictions got destroyed by reality.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

Native PS3 would make Premium so much better what a waste.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Yeah, and then math shows up and says "well actually, Premium and Extra account for ~30% of PS Plus". Honestly, the tiered system was a stroke of genius, they had the post-covid slump like everybody else, but they are now back to covid peak numbers more or less and getting more money from it. Absolute win.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

which subreddit are y'all looking at? i want to see the copium

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I just want to point out that MLB the Show is arguably the number 1 game on gamespass. It’s behind Minecraft but the show also charts twice because of two skus being tracked; current and last gen. That’s a PlayStation game.

:ROFLMAO:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Any gaming related subreddits to be fair. All of them are filled with astroturfers
This is why MS invested in ChatGPT, infinite astro turfers, they just need to turn them on and there they go!

This is where the term xbots is coming from.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Fantastic numbers for Premium considering PS Now was just stuck at around 3 million before the rebrand

PS Now was not a serious effort, at least after the first few months. It was completely abandoned, not marketed, and it broke their online offering into multiple things that weren't connected.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
PS Now was not a serious effort, at least after the first few months. It was completely abandoned, not marketed, and it broke their online offering into multiple things that weren't connected.
PSNow was strictly streaming for a while also, then it started to let you download games that were native on PS4. Even before the rebranding it had more games than gamepass, but the new tiered system is pretty good and makes things feel more integrated.