2023 most anticipated game?

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
First game was garbage compared to the scores it got. Capping was funny.

While i dont think its a 97 (neither do I think odyssey is a 97) its definitely a 10/10 for me. its the only reason i bought a switch and the only reason i haven’t sold it.

I actually thought 3d zelda and 3d mario was done for me. I didn’t like twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Wind Waker was just ok.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
yeah, media was bought off by m$ for Halo, just wait till all media and shills comes out of the holes to shill for Starfield.
I don't see it ending up above the 80's which would make it a less than brag worthy score....
Unless M$ pays some money.

Of course as a gamer I want to be wrong and hope it actually ends up being a great game.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Factions whenever that drops!

I also have my psvr 2 pre-ordered so I'm excited for tht!

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't see it ending up above the 80's which would make it a less than brag worthy score....
Unless M$ pays some money.

Of course as a gamer I want to be wrong and hope it actually ends up being a great game.
The ceiling isn't high with Microsoft ips besides Forza and Flight simulator so even if the game is average at best thy will inflate the scores and say it's God's gift to gaming. I think it'll probably be good though and be around an 85.

Damn wtf happened to hell blade 2 hvnt heard shit about it for awhile.

24 Jun 2022
TBH? It's a toss-up between Final Fantasy XVI, Spiderman 2, Street Fighter 6 and (assuming it releases next year) Tekken 8.

FF XVI because it's looking really slick, Spiderman 2 because it'll be another PS5-only 1P release, SF VI because it looks really good so far, and Tekken 8 because it gives me some Tekken 5 vibes and 5 & 3 are IMO the best Tekken games in the franchise.

Damn wtf happened to hell blade 2 hvnt heard shit about it for awhile.

They had a group photo celebrating a mo-cap milestone recently!

Seriously tho, I'm happy the team's having a good time making the game, but the pressure for it to be a big leap over the first is even higher now following Plague Tale: Requiem and especially God of War Ragnarok.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78
24 Jun 2022
95 on Open Critic incoming baby!!! 😂

Lol we'll see. I hope it's great tho, I do like the dystopian Eastern European vibes mixed with dark Celtic fantasy stuff. It's just got a much taller stack to clear though now in light of recent releases stepping things up so much.

But we at least know Stevivor'll give it a 100 so that review's a lock 😂

Reactions: Hobbygaming

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
TBH? It's a toss-up between Final Fantasy XVI, Spiderman 2, Street Fighter 6 and (assuming it releases next year) Tekken 8.

FF XVI because it's looking really slick, Spiderman 2 because it'll be another PS5-only 1P release, SF VI because it looks really good so far, and Tekken 8 because it gives me some Tekken 5 vibes and 5 & 3 are IMO the best Tekken games in the franchise.

They had a group photo celebrating a mo-cap milestone recently!

Seriously tho, I'm happy the team's having a good time making the game, but the pressure for it to be a big leap over the first is even higher now following Plague Tale: Requiem and especially God of War Ragnarok.
I mean I don't think it'll be hard for them to make it a big leap. The first looked good but it was very repetitive and restricted in scope. With the time and budget they have, it shouldnt be hard to have it be a big leap. If it's same scope with just better graphics I'll be highly disappointed. It might as well be a point abd click game if it's like that. The combat was shallow and repetitive and the world had invisible walls everywhere.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
From that list... FFXVI and REmake 4. My most anticipated game is the Horizon VR game (mainly because I'll be playing a PSVR2) followed by Spider-Man 2.

If Zelda fixes the obvious mistakes of BOTW then I'd buy that too.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Does anyone here think Capcom's 40th anniversary next year will be one of the greatest anniversary years a gaming company pulls off?
RE4 Remake kicks off Capcoms schedule next year
Then exoprimal
Then Street Fighter VI
and possibly Progmata
also we could get more surprises

The only anniversary year that comes close is possibly Nintendo's 125th anniversary in 2014 with Donkey Kong Country TF, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash bros 3DS and Wii U, Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby.
Or Sony's 70th Anniversary in 2016 which had Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, PSVR with it's launch games, and Gravity Rush 2 in Japan (2017 everywhere else)

24 Jun 2022
I mean I don't think it'll be hard for them to make it a big leap. The first looked good but it was very repetitive and restricted in scope. With the time and budget they have, it shouldnt be hard to have it be a big leap. If it's same scope with just better graphics I'll be highly disappointed. It might as well be a point abd click game if it's like that. The combat was shallow and repetitive and the world had invisible walls everywhere.

Well, one of the things for Spiderman 2 I'm very excited to see is how it looks in motion. I go back and check out some Rift Apart every now and then and it's got a really good lived-in, lively active world not to mention the particle effects system which is one of the best out there (though Returnal's is more so. Then again that's a quite different type of game anyway).

It still feels like one of the closest realizations to a Pixar movie in game form we've had yet and, it also makes me so upset Nintendo doesn't bother with comparable hardware anymore because a new Mario 3D platformer with PS5-level hardware behind it would be mesmerizing (maybe part of the reason I was impressed so much with DokeV footage last year).

But WRT Spiderman 2, for the gameplay if the rumors are right you'll be able to switch between Peter, Miles, and Venom, and I'm assuming all three will have their own unique game mechanics to some degree. How the game world is structured when it comes to mission design or the such we probably won't know for a while. There's no way they don't push forward with some innovations there though.

Does anyone here think Capcom's 40th anniversary next year will be one of the greatest anniversary years a gaming company pulls off?
RE4 Remake kicks off Capcoms schedule next year
Then exoprimal
Then Street Fighter VI
and possibly Progmata
also we could get more surprises

The only anniversary year that comes close is possibly Nintendo's 125th anniversary in 2014 with Donkey Kong Country TF, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash bros 3DS and Wii U, Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby.
Or Sony's 70th Anniversary in 2016 which had Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, PSVR with it's launch games, and Gravity Rush 2 in Japan (2017 everywhere else)

I couldn't care less about ExoPrimal TBH but RE4 Remake and SF6 alone are going to make 2023 one of Capcom's best years in a long time both critically and commercially. Definitely considering double-dipping on SF6 for PS4/5 and PC for example (because I need my mods and console won't support them).

Haven't heard a lot about Pragmata though, maybe I just haven't paid attention. Is that game still coming next year like, for sure? I know it was delayed to 2023 some time this year, but don't think there's been any new gameplay shown off for it. Could be wrong, though.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Well, one of the things for Spiderman 2 I'm very excited to see is how it looks in motion. I go back and check out some Rift Apart every now and then and it's got a really good lived-in, lively active world not to mention the particle effects system which is one of the best out there (though Returnal's is more so. Then again that's a quite different type of game anyway).

It still feels like one of the closest realizations to a Pixar movie in game form we've had yet and, it also makes me so upset Nintendo doesn't bother with comparable hardware anymore because a new Mario 3D platformer with PS5-level hardware behind it would be mesmerizing (maybe part of the reason I was impressed so much with DokeV footage last year).

But WRT Spiderman 2, for the gameplay if the rumors are right you'll be able to switch between Peter, Miles, and Venom, and I'm assuming all three will have their own unique game mechanics to some degree. How the game world is structured when it comes to mission design or the such we probably won't know for a while. There's no way they don't push forward with some innovations there though.

I couldn't care less about ExoPrimal TBH but RE4 Remake and SF6 alone are going to make 2023 one of Capcom's best years in a long time both critically and commercially. Definitely considering double-dipping on SF6 for PS4/5 and PC for example (because I need my mods and console won't support them).

Haven't heard a lot about Pragmata though, maybe I just haven't paid attention. Is that game still coming next year like, for sure? I know it was delayed to 2023 some time this year, but don't think there's been any new gameplay shown off for it. Could be wrong, though.
it was actually last November when the delay announcement happened for progmata

However it is possible it is actually a 2024 game or maybe outright canned but I'm sure it can come out before October next year they won't delay it so it doesn't have to compete with next years holiday titles.

Exoprimal deserves a buy from me just because of the dinosaur forecast line and how it is the troll of the century for dino crisis fans

P

peter42O

There's definitely a bunch of Capcom games coming this generation that haven't been announced. The internal leak which has been 100% accurate thus far listed a few im hyped for but there's one that is my all time favorite beat em up ever - Final Fight. Supposed to get a remake.

No interest in ExoPrimal and Pragmata has to show me more and mainly gameplay to see what it really is and what you'll be doing in the game itself.