343 Industries will continue to develop Halo

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
The supportive part of me simply hopes that whoever is in charge has a consistent vision that will not be hampered by meddling managers and executives.

The reluctant part of me says that 343 has already had ten years with the IP and has a better chance of putting out a candle with a wet fart than making anything close to Bungie Halo.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Nice news, and I think it was normal. But it's sad to see they felt the need to say it, which shows the current state.

Let's hope they make the needed hirings of talented people and also get some help from talented folks from other shooter studios from MS to get the IP back in track. Halo should be Microsoft's flagship IP, a relevant console seller big hit that once was.

I think MS also should make changes in the management team of their gaming division. It's time to get rid of at least Aaron Greenberg and (if he's the head of studios at their gaming division) Matt Booty. And tell Phil that it's time to stop wasting money and instead to go to search profitability, and that if the division doesn't get their shit fixed in around 5 years he's fired too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Mittens

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This addresses and refutes nothing .

No one said Master Chief and Halo is dead. We heard 343 is gutted. And they were — that’s a fact.

No one said Ofor3 wouldn’t “develop” Halo. The reports say they will oversee and develop future Halo projects with other game makers doing the work.

Damage control. Telling people Master Chief isn’t dead. Yea no one said, Halo is a dead IP. Infinite is a dead game tho.

Halo 4 - flop
Halo 5 - abomination
Halo Infinite - bigger failure than Anthem or Avengers and weaker player base than Fallout 76.

That makes them… O for 3 baby!

Last edited:

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
This addresses and refutes nothing .
Just more words.......As I posted in the other thread....This is PR 101.

FnBy6SyXgAEUeNx

4j5IRfR.jpg

• fire
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

i don't get it. these were the guys telling us the game was GOTY 2021, and giving it an 87 on metacritic.

funny how the truth comes out.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
P

peter42O

Personally, Microsoft should have 343 switch to Unreal Engine for the next Halo game which should be a next generation launch title, reboot the franchise, go M rated and use the dark lore that's in the books. Hire full time developers and whatnot. Start later this year. Will give them 5+ years to get it all ready for November 2028. At least, this is what I would do. Keep a small-mid sized team to work on multi-player content from here on out.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Personally, Microsoft should have 343 switch to Unreal Engine for the next Halo game which should be a next generation launch title, reboot the franchise, go M rated and use the dark lore that's in the books. Hire full time developers and whatnot. Start later this year. Will give them 5+ years to get it all ready for November 2028. At least, this is what I would do. Keep a small-mid sized team to work on multi-player content from here on out.
they should close 343 and move on from halo. Destiny is the evolution of halo and the modern golden standard.

the whole arena/boomer-shooter era is over.

P

peter42O

they should close 343 and move on from halo. Destiny is the evolution of halo and the modern golden standard.

the whole arena/boomer-shooter era is over.

That's probably not going to happen. I would let them reboot it, go M rated and see what happens for next generation before shutting anything down.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I don’t agree with an M-rated Halo at all. Infinite’s art direction seemed fine to me as well. Halo should look like a video game; vibrant colors and visual cues for everything. Not some gritty military shooter.

The winning formula would’ve been what they planned. PvP support and yearly expansions.

It sounds great on paper. The problem is they couldn’t pull it off.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
the bigger story here is what MS is doing by exploiting workers via contract work for tax write-offs.

This is both disgusting and wrong, and should be investigated further by U.S authorities.

I don't know the labour laws of Washington State, but something is seriously wrong here. How long have they been doing this, and how in the Hell can they get away with it?

seems like MS is going to have much more legal trouble in the future.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I played Halo Infinite a little bit on my iOS device for free via a $1 gamepass trial. Some thoughts:

The grunts need to go, like right now.

it literally felt like i was shooting children or handicapped people. The way they scream with their little voices, or flee in terror and fear is really concerning and off putting. They're not cute enough to be a mascot character ala the Slime in Dragon Quest or a Jack Frost from persona, so I don't know why they stick around or for what purpose. To make the player feel like a school shooter or a psychopath? they just really offer nothing to the universe of the game. Get rid of them.

The game needs a complete rethink, because right now it's stuck in 2001. Imagine if Sony Santa Monica put out Ragnarok and it was an isometric hack and slash like god of war 1 on the PS2. It's utterly insane and downright lazy game design.

Zero innovation, and zero foresight. Playing Destiny 2 for 100 hours now and it really shows where the Bungie talent went. The core of Halo 3 is there, but brought up to a modern standard. and funny, you have guardians (spartans) and ghosts (343 guilty spark), but no grunts. huh...

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I played Halo Infinite a little bit on my iOS device for free via a $1 gamepass trial. Some thoughts:

The grunts need to go, like right now.

it literally felt like i was shooting children or handicapped people. The way they scream with their little voices, or flee in terror and fear is really concerning and off putting. They're not cute enough to be a mascot character ala the Slime in Dragon Quest or a Jack Frost from persona, so I don't know why they stick around or for what purpose. To make the player feel like a school shooter or a psychopath? they just really offer nothing to the universe of the game. Get rid of them.

The game needs a complete rethink, because right now it's stuck in 2001. Imagine if Sony Santa Monica put out Ragnarok and it was an isometric hack and slash like god of war 1 on the PS2. It's utterly insane and downright lazy game design.

Zero innovation, and zero foresight. Playing Destiny 2 for 100 hours now and it really shows where the Bungie talent went. The core of Halo 3 is there, but brought up to a modern standard. and funny, you have guardians (spartans) and ghosts (343 guilty spark), but no grunts. huh...
Yeah the chimpmunk voices made Halo a no go for me, too juvenile. Saying that did finish 3 and Reach co-op in the golden days of 360.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Yeah the chimpmunk voices made Halo a no go for me, too juvenile. Saying that did finish 3 and Reach co-op in the golden days of 360.
i'm just not seeing the fun in killing midget-sized enemies that barely fight back, cry, and then run and flee for their lives. It's kinda messed up.

being removed from halo for so long, it was jarring to experience again. You'd think the game would have evolved passed this shit since the early 2000's, but nope.

Game was trash.