343 Industries will continue to develop Halo

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
1. Shit can 343. [Zero leadership remains]
2. Kill Infinite's 10 year plan. Privately aim for a new Halo for the next gen launch. [How can I miss you when you don't go away?]
2. Set up a new studio with a gameplan and experienced leadership. Have the studio go under Bethesda's management [if ABK somehow doesnt go through]. [Machine games likely has a few ready to step up and gather some experienced staff]
3. Ignore Halo 4 onwards [essentially remove the 343 studio from the Halo franchise in the mind of the consumer]
4. Soft Reboot post Halo 3 and call the game Halo [akin to God of War 2018]
5. No leaks [to favoured "journalists"] and no reveal until 18 months to a confident launch date. Out of sight for a few years.
6. Either purchase Certain Affinty or have a partnership in place where they will produce the multiplayer aspect of the game, Have that plan in place to ensure constant seasons filled with content and maps. [Combination of Halo 1-3 style maps, weapons and enemies to give them time to get a strong start while they plan for new Halo]

What will happen
1. Keep 343 in charge 🤡
2. Have Halo limp along becoming more irrelevant as an IP
3. Announce the new game about 4 years out from date.
4. Miss initial launch date.

• brain
Reactions: Old Gamer

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
1. Shit can 343. [Zero leadership remains]
2. Kill Infinite's 10 year plan. Privately aim for a new Halo for the next gen launch. [How can I miss you when you don't go away?]
2. Set up a new studio with a gameplan and experienced leadership. Have the studio go under Bethesda's management [if ABK somehow doesnt go through]. [Machine games likely has a few ready to step up and gather some experienced staff]
3. Ignore Halo 4 onwards [essentially remove the 343 studio from the Halo franchise in the mind of the consumer]
4. Soft Reboot post Halo 3 and call the game Halo [akin to God of War 2018]
5. No leaks [to favoured "journalists"] and no reveal until 18 months to a confident launch date. Out of sight for a few years.
6. Either purchase Certain Affinty or have a partnership in place where they will produce the multiplayer aspect of the game, Have that plan in place to ensure constant seasons filled with content and maps. [Combination of Halo 1-3 style maps, weapons and enemies to give them time to get a strong start while they plan for new Halo]

What will happen
1. Keep 343 in charge 🤡
2. Have Halo limp along becoming more irrelevant as an IP
3. Announce the new game about 4 years out from date.
4. Miss initial launch date.
Honestly, after the ridiculous black eye of Halo: Infinite, a game with a HUGE blanket marketing campaign and merchandising and promotional tie-ins on a massive scale, missing the launch of the console it was supposed to be the flagship game for by a year and STILL not being feature- or content-complete when it finally came out, MS should put Halo as an IP on ice for a minimum of five years.

Let the embarrassment fade, give people time to miss it. Then, and only then, let a competent, passionate studio make a great game. Settle for nothing less than perfection.

But all of us know that MS will not learn from this whole last decade-plus-long fiasco, and they will keep trying to milk a dead cow.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Unfocused leadership is bad leadership.

They honestly need a creative tyrant to save this series. Someone with a clear focus that will push the team and squeeze their souls into the game.

Passion is painful. Maybe MS’s posturing for safe space workplaces is actually garbage and hurting the creative process. I’m betting it does.

Passion is not painful. What is painful is having to work with shit leadership. Creativity and quality cannot be beat up from people, nor can good leadership be achieved by decree.

This has feck all to do with safe spaces or decent working conditions.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Maybe if they hadn’t felt the need to redesign the things that shouldn’t have changed between games, like the spartan armor and enemy types that have been around since Halo 1, they could have sidestepped the problems somewhat.
You say the enemies don't need to be changed, that other guy says that shooting grunts feels like putting down retards. You'll never please everybody. That said, even if the toolset is the problem, the choice to continue working with those tools came from 343's heads and they should be axed either way.

@Dodkrake, Microsoft micromanaging culture was a big part of why Bungie wanted out and why Lionhead lost most of its old guard (and then died, too.) Regardless, I don't think its vision that killed/is killing Infinite. It had the vision for a ten year plan, it was incompetence. They couldn't make the game look good for its original planned launch, couldn't get content flowing properly, couldn't build an engaging story, etc. And its not like Microsoft didn't give them the time or money, they've had a decade at its head, nearly as long as Bungie did.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
@Dodkrake, Microsoft micromanaging culture was a big part of why Bungie wanted out and why Lionhead lost most of its old guard (and then died, too.) Regardless, I don't think its vision that killed/is killing Infinite. It had the vision for a ten year plan, it was incompetence. They couldn't make the game look good for its original planned launch, couldn't get content flowing properly, couldn't build an engaging story, etc. And its not like Microsoft didn't give them the time or money, they've had a decade at its head, nearly as long as Bungie did.

What happened with infinite happened with cyberpunk, minus the bugs. I'll bet a fiver that this is just another case of people up top meddling way too much with the game and having an ever changing vision.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
tpzrgh6wbwda1.png

the butcher who piece mealed the failure known as slipspace engine has been shitcanned.

halo officially engineless right now.