A note to all members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This blatant lie is pure dishonest defamation and you 100% know it. Mods even called out for this at the time yet you still insist on it.

I wrote Yasuke was treated like a pet by Nobunaga and then I posted the original letter which I translated and explained why I claimed as such. He gets called "a beast" as reason why they don't demand seppukku from him along with Nobunaga in Japanese scriptures and the Jesuits say "Nobunaga asked to keep him", hence the "like a pet"

Nowhere do I say that was fine, and I very clearly stated that was a form of racism from those times. But this is something you know and don't care. There are no bad tactics, only bad targets which is why you think it's okay to lie and defame at will.
Nothing in the passage you translated said Nobunaga treated him as a pet.

OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I have issued two 1 week bans in this thread now.

I will say it again: Stop labelling or trying to antagonise the situation further.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Nothing in the passage you translated said Nobunaga treated him as a pet.

Well if Nobunaga demanded to wash him to see if his color wasn't paint, and then demanded to keep him and then sent him to parade around town for people to look at him, then he wasn't really treated like a human being either. Eventually Nobunaga's respect for him might have changed down the line and there's some pointers to that, but definitely not in the beginning.

Regardless, feel free to disagree with my translation and interpretation. That's fine. I myself have shifted my opinion on the subject since then. Those Metatron videos are really cool and I've learned quite a bit from them.

Reactions: anonpuffs

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Seems like Sir Claw is at it again, banning good members over nonsense and attempting to control the narrative on this forum. Its impressive how much damage one unchecked mod with no self restrain can do, we have our own Judge aparently.

All hail our Sweet Baby overlords and their champion.

AfnanAcchan

3 Mar 2023
I'm sick of this "left vs right" "incel vs woke" BS that has infected film, tv series and gaming community. Both side are equally toxic and exaggerate everything.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm sick of this "left vs right" "incel vs woke" BS that has infected film, tv series and gaming community. Both side are equally toxic and exaggerate everything.
it really is a circus and imo this type of conflict is being pushed to distract people from the fact that rent and food and the price of medicine and just about everything else is getting more and more unaffordable and workers are getting screwed more and more due to the concentration of wealth and power in a few individuals' and corporations' hands

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Seems like Sir Claw is at it again, banning good members over nonsense and attempting to control the narrative on this forum. Its impressive how much damage one unchecked mod with no self restrain can do, we have our own Judge aparently.

What are you talking about?

Have you not been following the conversations?

Darth Vader is doodkrate, he is the one accusing people of attacking DEI(Sweet baby inc)

How can I be a champion of that company if I just banned a guy who has been attacking other people for criticising them?

Good god, Please pay attention to what is actually being discussed here.

As for @jahgamers ban, I actually get along with him really well and like him a lot, but I made a post that asked explicitly for people to stop labelling people certain things, and he chose to ignore my request.

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
What are you talking about?

Have you not been following the conversations?

Darth Vader is doodkrate, he is the one accusing people of attacking DEI(Sweet baby inc)

How can I be a champion of that company if I just banned a guy who has been attacking other people for criticising them?

Good god, Please pay attention to what is actually being discussed here.
Aren't alt accounts baned here? Why was he left for so long?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

stop acting ignorant. it was said in first comment. use these tools, relax, stop and don't do this shit.
yet, even with warning, some still proceeds acting ignorant on the message.
what do you suggest to do?
yes, he controls the narrative, narrative was to stop this. they didn't. how is Sircaw is unchecked and didn't have self-restrain?

you can't do much, people have to reflect on themselves, if they can't, mod reflected on them.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
stop acting ignorant. it was said in first comment. use these tools, relax, stop and don't do this shit.
yet, even with warning, some still proceeds acting ignorant on the message.
what do you suggest to do?
yes, he controls the narrative, narrative was to stop this. they didn't. how is Sircaw is unchecked and didn't have self-restrain?

you can't do much, people have to reflect on themselves, if they can't, mod reflected on them.
Exactly @Sircaw s message was to let people have the agency and wits to realize what is wrong , reflect and start to act better.

Unbelievable how some people can find some boogeyman message from it.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Bans have been issued by the mods.

Initially this forum was meant to be non-political but I was pushed to allow more and more political topics over the last while.

I think we can see clearly now that it did nothing but harm to the community. We will be trying to steer the community back to where we were months ago.... a better place for all of us.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Be quiet Tottentransgender, you’re a racist clown, that’s all I said because there was nothing else that needed to be said. It wasn’t out of nowhere or “unprovoked”, if you behave like a racist clown then that’s what sensible people will call you. No time should be wasted having discussions with obvious racists clowns like you 🤡

And I’m far from being left wing and don’t call people racist loosely, but facts are facts

Exactly…this bum @ToTTenTranz gender said some blatantly racist nonsense and is now crying that I didn’t have a discussion with him about it 🤣
JAHGamer noooo

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It is usually one side that kicks off the issue at least in gaming discourse 🤔. I do think mods needs to be more vigilant with members here who post any unchecked link or information just because it suits a narrative.

I called out Grummz being suddenly used here by a select member as some champion against censorship, and it was ignored. We are all adults and I think it is very irresponsible to simply ask members to just ignore or report things all the times. I do believe sometimes people need to be checked and called out?? Sorry!

But I don't come here to be political. But over the last few months I've noticed a shift. Even in the Xbox showcase thread the other day, we had members coming into the thread to dog whistle about how games were too woke because of all the 'POC' characters that were included in them. I don't see how that should be ok!

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Iron Man GIF

These few days Jeez, We have to get back to more important topics like why horizon sucks and whether avowed and indiana jones will release this year or not

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
It is usually one side that kicks off the issue at least in gaming discourse 🤔. I do think mods needs to be more vigilant with members here who post any unchecked link or information just because it suits a narrative.

I called out Grummz being suddenly used here by a select member as some champion against censorship, and it was ignored.

You honestly think the problem is users posting stuff you disagree with? What do you think a web forum is made for?

We are all adults and I think it is very irresponsible to simply ask members to just ignore or report things all the times. I do believe sometimes people need to be checked and called out?? Sorry!

That is not at all what was asked. You can engage and express disagreement in a respectful manner, you can ignore that post, you can put the user you disagree with on your ignore list and you can even report the posts that you think are breaking the forum rules (which yes, include racist remarks and a user was even recently banned for doing so).

What was asked was to stop with the insults and labels as means of harassment towards people you disagree with. Why is this too much to ask, and why is it irresponsible to do so?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You honestly think the problem is users posting stuff you disagree with? What do you think a web forum is made for?

That is not at all what was asked. You can engage and express disagreement in a respectful manner, you can ignore that post, you can put the user you disagree with on your ignore list and you can even report the posts that you think are breaking the forum rules (which yes, include racist remarks and a user was even recently banned for doing so).

What was asked was to stop with the insults and labels as means of harassment towards people you disagree with. Why is this too much to ask, and why is it irresponsible to do so?
Everybody needs to pretend they dont see devs imposing a boring woke agenda on their audience against their will as games get incriensigly more stupid.... nope. That is how we end up with the resonable people shutting up and only the extremists of either side feeling confortable speaking up. I have high tolerance for woke nonsense but pretending its not happening is nevet going to be the solution.

I dont even care that much but these devs are just so bad at it and lack any tact so ultimatelly it all ends up being counter productive and we just end up regressing with an ever more stupid audience on both ends.

Meanwhile Nintendo steers clear of all of this and fills their pockets like every other decent company should be doing.

As a representstive of the Doomers, we are officially in mourning of our member lost in sensless battle, all while disingenous green rats continue to prosper around us like never before, I can smell them all around us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.